Posts by Crystal74

Can I ice a dummy cake with Buttercream? If so, do I need to cover the dummy cake first and with what??? Thanks for any and all help. I have a wedding Saturday and this is my first experience with a dummy cake. I want to do a practice run first. Thanks,Crystal
Thanks for the suggestions. I actually forgot I posted this and carved it from an 11x18. The problem was that I tried to do it all in one day. The cake was chocolate and very soft. The biggest pain to frost. I did two layers so I could have enough for 20 people. Next time I will freeze before I try to frost. I'll have to post some pics!!!Crystal
I have an order for a baton shaped cake to feed 20 for a group of twirlers. I bought silver sparkles for the middle and am doing the ends white. I just need some ideas for construction. Please help!!!Crystal
These wedding cakes are enough to make me want to quit cakes all together!!! No matter what I do, they are never smooth. I think I need some instructions entitiled "Buttercream for dummies". I used Indydebi's recipe (which I love) for this one. I messed with it for hours last night, the more I did the worse it got. Finally, I gave up and went to bed. It didn't turn out too bad, but I'm wondering if I should give up?????? Give me your honest critiicism please!!!!Crystal
These wedding cakes are enough to make me want to quit cakes all together!!! No matter what I do, they are never smooth. I think I need some instructions entitiled "Buttercream for dummies". I used Indydebi's recipe (which I love) for this one. I messed with it for hours last night, the more I did the worse it got. Finally, I gave up and went to bed. It didn't turn out too bad, but I'm wondering if I should give up?????? Give me your honest critiicism please!!!!Crystal
I usually use the Wilton recipe or occassionly will buy Sam's Club Buttercream if I'm short on time. No matter what I do, after my icing crusts, when I go to transport it always ends up cracking. It's very frustrating HELP!!!Crystal
I usually use the Wilton recipe or occassionly will buy Sam's Club Buttercream if I'm short on time. No matter what I do, after my icing crusts, when I go to transport it always ends up cracking. It's very frustrating HELP!!!Crystal
What is the easiest way to apply edible pearls to buttercream? Can I do it in advance or do I have to wait until I deliver the cake? It's a three-tiered wedding cake.Thanks in advance
I have a wedding cake order due for Friday. Square cake to feed 100. I went to take the cakes out of the freezer tonight. Low and behold, I made 2-14" cakes, 2-6" cakes, and 2-8" cakes. The 8" ones should have been 10" !!!!!!!! Would a 14,8,6 combination look really bad? I still have time to make the 10's tomorrow, but I just wanted to get your opinions. Thanks!Crystal
Can I mix pearl luster dust with vanilla and add to my buttercream to give it a shiny appearance?Thanks,Crystal