Posts by Kaykla

Hello all!I have a question regarding airbrushing:Is there any way to airbrush my cake INDOORS without a "tent"? Last time I tried, I ended up with a blue "dust" all over my kitchen and several other rooms in my apartment, and I hadn't even used the airbrush much. I notice on television (I hate to reference Ace of Cakes, but in this case I'm thinking WTF?) that they airbrush indoors all the time and they don't seem to have issues...Is there maybe a way to change the nozzle...
these are all so helpful, thank you! i'm running some ideas by my friend tomorrow....
Hello all! SO here's whats going on. My friend has her annual company bake-off in just a couple of weeks and we are STUCK on trying to figure out what to make this year. The judges: kids ages 9-11. Two years ago she made her famous chocolate pizza, and the year after she made "dirt" cupcakes.We want to stick to things that are chocolate (choco is always a winner with kids!), but we are struggling to think of anything as creative as the past years. So please help us out...
Hello all my bay area lovelies!I just had a question for you all:Do you know of any reliable cake/baking supply stores?I live in the Sunset/Parkside district, so the nearer the better. Of course, I would be willing to venture into the East Bay if its for something fantastic and special...but the commute kinda, well, sucks.Thank you all very much!Kayla
Hello, all.Alright, this might be a long shot here, but hey, there's no harm in asking!I'm getting ready to graduate from high school (tomorrow, actually!) and am heading up to San Francisco State University in late August. On top of going to school, I was hoping to get (and this is wishful thinking, I'm sure) some sort of internship at a bakery.So my question is: does anyone know of any bakeries in the Daly City area? I'm sure they exist, but if anyone has any specifics...
Hello, fellow bakers! Just a quick question.I am preparing to bake a typical angel food cake for my voice teacher's birthday, because it is his favorite kind! The recipe calls for the cake to be baked in a 12 cup tube pan, but I was wondering:Can I bake angel food bake in regular round pans without it falling in the middle? I am aware that AFC cools upside down to prevent any falling, but is there any way around that?Thank you very much!Stay Sweet.