Posts by skittles2120

I am doing a wedding cake next weekend and we are putting fake leaves cascading down the cake. Do I need to worry about the cake touching the fake leaves?? Thanks.
Hey,I have a wedding this weekend with cheesecakes. We are doing a 10", 8" and 6" on a staggered stand and then additional 9" and 10" cheesecakes for serving. What I'm wondering is, I am planning on baking these on Thursday. A lot of recipes say to let the cheesecake sit in the oven with it turned off for an hour or so. Is this necessary or can I just bake and let cool on the counter?Also, what is the best way to pre-cut the cheesecake? Do I need to have the knife wet or...
Unfortnately Madison maybe too far of a drive for me since I'm on the western side of the state. But I would still love to do the online version of the club. Maybe having a monthly newsletter or something. Keep me informed. Thanks everyone!
Hey Everyone,I'm in Eau Claire. I am just getting my business up and running. Right now I am looking for a location to rent. I currently work out of an already licensed kitchen but want my own place. So I have my business license and getting going with advertising but I still work full-time so not pushing it too hard right now. I would be interested in being part of the cake club. Can't wait to hear more!!
I was so excited when I say this posting. I told myself I'd get a cupcake tattoo when I got my business license. I got my license in June and have been trying to figure out what to get. I have a rose with a dolphin on my ankle and then a pink breast cancer ribbon (for my mom) on my foot. I can't decide where a cupcake would look good. I was thinking either on the inside of my forearm or on the right side of my lower back. I thought about below my neck a little in the...
Thanks for all of the advice. I really appreciate it. How would you charge for the sauces?? Also, they are needing enought for 100 at least. They said they would be okay with extra. I'm not sure what sizes serve for cheesecake as opposed to regular cake. Any help with that?Thanks!
I read some of the posts regarding cheesecakes for weddings but I still have a few questions. I just had an inquiry for someone that wants cheesecakes for their wedding cake. They want just plain cheesecakes with strawberry, blueberry and raspberry toppings on the side for the guests to add themselves. They want enough for about 100 guests. They are going to purchase or rent a cake stand that is staggered so the cakes will not be stacked. I am curious about how I should do...
The cupcakes I've baked recently have been separating from the wrappers. They aren't all doing it. There is particular flavor that is worse than others but they all do it. Could it have anything to do with humidity?? What I can I do to prevent this or fix it??Thanks!!!
Thanks for all the comments!I just had a wedding last weekend and we did cupcake bouquets on each table. I also had a problem with the wrappers separating from the cupcakes after being frozen. Does anyone know why this is??
I am doing cupcakes for a wedding next Saturday, June 14th. I have baked some and froze them but I was wondering if I bake the majority Monday-Wednesday, do I need to freeze or refrigerate them or will they be okay left out?I am also attaching ribbon to the bottom layer. It is polyester which I read was not the best but had already bought the ribbon. I read a lot of ideas about what to do so the buttercream doesn't bleed. I was thinking of ironing on the wax paper. Is...