Posts by stampinron

Okay, I decided to just do it and make it work.  Here is what I did.  Hopefully the pictures will tell the story.  I used only a Wondermold pan and a whole 'barbie' doll. Though, I cannot remember if this is what I did in the past.    I baked 1 1/2 cake mixes and the part I carved off to flatten the bottom was what I used to build up the dress to cover the thigh and hips.    
Thank you for replying, but I was asking how to do it without the extra baking of another cake.  Just the wondermold pan.
I haven't made one of these in a bit, so I've forgotten some.   I remember someone saying that instead of baking an  extra 10 inch cake, you just carve the one baked in the wonder mold pan and add it to the dolls waist.   Does this sound familiar? And what part is it that I carve?   I feel silly because I made several years ago, and they are beautiful,  but can't remember if this is actually what I did.   Has anyone done this?   Thanks in advance.   Charon
Wow, thanks for all the replies and also the links for tutorials!!!
is it a fantasy or a real flower?  I'm talking about the large ones.
I would love, love, love for someone to weigh the ingredients and give it to me in grams.  Not sure why it never, ever works for me.  I have tried it 5 or 6 times.  No interest in trying again unless it is with weights.
Really????   I think it makes a good sheet cake, that's about as far as I can take it.  Did you make it just as the recipe says?  Mine always falls a bit in the center.  And it is fully cooked.
I have made 3 attempts at making a butter/shortening buttercream with different moscato wines.  I have reduced the wine down from 1 cup to 1/4 cup and then increased it to 2 cups to 1/2 cup when I thought it needed more flavor.  There just seems to be a hint, and nothing more.   I am just not getting the kick I wanted.  Any suggestions?  I thought of going to a sweet champagne if any one can offer a suggestion.   Or has anyone tried the Loranne flavored champagne...
    Here is mine.  If you can tell, I have a seam on it.  I covered it like a cake laying flat and then flipped it over and did the same thing again.  Then I tried to blend the seam together with a fondant smoother.   I preferred this one much better,  if you can get away with this design.          
I just made a shortening based "champagne" buttercream using a moscato reduction.   does anyone know what kind of longevity this will have and storage (shelf or fridge) is best?   Thank you.