Posts by gilpnh

I'm in Gasconade as well!!
I have taught a few classes to high schoolers, their favorite was the melvira method, frozen buttercream transfers and roses done the duff way.Heather
I have taught a few classes to high schoolers, their favorite was the melvira method, frozen buttercream transfers and roses done the duff way.Heather
Buy them from Sam's Club baked only. I once needed 500 for a banquet, Sam's took my special order with only a week's notice and the price was really reasonable. Just a thought.Heather
The University of Missouri Tigers is big here and I checked into it once. $100 application fee then 8% of sales. Heather
You guys are a scream, I had no idea when I did this a year or so ago that it would grow legs. My intentions were good, the Peppermint icing cake is still my favorite, however I don't need to tell you that "Life" took over and my mission got side tracked. This summer looks to settle way down for me and I really hope to spend gobs of time baking and decorating. Thanx for keeping it going, I intend to try some of the recipes others have posted so I may throw in my .02...
I was surprised at how much I use my 7x11 sheet pan, a little thing, but just the right size for close gatherings.
I'm in Columbia MO and have 4 big bottles of black and a small one of navy blue if you need some!! I have my mom go supply shopping for me as she travels to big cities all over the US every week.Heather
I like the sprayed marshmellow idea, I will cut them up into more of the "lava rock" shape we have in ours.The grill I am OK with being non edible, I would like to have some depth to the cake and taking the grill plumb off would be helpful plus it would hold the weight of the "steak, hamburger and hotdogs"Thanx a ton!
Hey Fellow Frosting Fiends,I am doing a quasi replica of my DH gas grill for his BD in a few weeks. I will just be doing a 9x13 sheet, will lightly hollow it out and cover w/black fondant. Am making a grill out of silvered bamboo skewers to hold the weight of the "food" on topdoes anyone have a good suggestion for the grill that would be edible?? I don't think spagetti would be strong enough.alsoMy biggest question..... What to make the gas grill briquests in the bottom...