Posts by Tramski

try www.lightingsupply.com, I've used them before and they were very helpful
We have one in Birmingham called the Cupcake Station. It's a cute little shop in a small downtown area.
Thank you everyone, I have to say I was pretty proud of it when I was done.
I don't know if anyone is still following it, heck I lost track of it myself. Here was my final result.http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1261974.htmlThank you all for your vote of confidence!
Awesome! Thank you for putting that together and sharing it
Oh wait, could you make one layer (maybe the bottom) look like a gift box and use ribbon the colors she wants and make the the other tiers look like a wedding cake?
You could definitely do the wedding cake and make a separate 6" birthday cake for her mom. I just did this for a wedding this past weekend.If she really wanted it all in one cake, hmm I might have to think about that one.
I don't have any white ribbon, but I do have blue that matches her colors. I might see if my 24 hour store has some white ribbon, but the fondant border might be good enough if I can't get white ribbonEdited: I forgot to say thank you for the advice
I am working on a wedding cake that I have due tomorrow and might need to change the bride's design a little. My fondant gave me issues along the bottom edges and the beading she wanted might not cover the flaws enough.I was thinking about using a blue ribbon instead of the blue beading, but was wondering if this might be a deal breaker.Has anyone out there been in a similar situation? What did you do?
You can actually make something very similar with a card board box and tracing paper. Thats what my hubby did for my cakes. I just need him to make a bigger one for my larger cakes.