Posts by Newbieone

A minion cupcake is perfect! But no, I wasn't going to let the kids do anything, just watch.  The school is strict and probably wouldn't let me do anything like that anyway.   I was just going to sit in the front and tell them about my craft. :)
I'm not a professional cake decorator, but I would love to participate in career day at my son's elementary school because I think it could be fun for them and myself. :)  I've never been able to because my old day job was boring and no one want to hear about it. They have added the word "talent" to the application form, so I figure I can do that!     I have made some mighty cool cakes in my time, but I wondered if any of you knew of any of your WOW cakes that take...
I skipped out of decorating for a while, and I am back and trying to make my son his ganache cake, but I wanted a better recipe.  Where did the ratings go on the recipes? I don't want some nasty recipe that no one likes.....I don't touch regular recipes anymore without a good rating (because I'm not a good cook)---- are the reviews and ratings on CC recipes gone?  Do I need to go to Allrecipes now? I did search for about 15 minutes and some others were wondering but no...
Would you use ganache on a kids cake?  I'm making my 9 y.o. son's Captain Rex Helmet tomorrow, and I was thinking I would like chocolate frosting, and then I was thinking to do something that tastes different I should do ganache under the fondant.   However, I have never done it on a cake before (only made ganache for truffles), and wondered if the chocolate would be too strong for the kids/babies?   Then i was thinking I could do milk chocolate instead of semisweet,...
Nancy--one last question on the treats---did you 1 for 1 replace the butter with the candy melts? That is a great idea to use the melts in them, btw.
Ahhhhh......that's so much better. What you guys have said has calmed me---I was just feeling overwhelmed, and to hear that there are others at the other end of this computer is nice! So great, no airbrush, do red icing. Pipe his fur right over RKT. I'm gonna buy my RKT because I'm afraid of the Florida humidity messing around with them. And I want to do the Elmo that people use Wondermold and an 8 inch round for the body. So a plan---wow, I've never had one of those...
Hi, I had so wanted to make 3d Elmo for my baby boy on Sunday but am slowly losing courage after researching for hours on the different posts regarding this. It seems there are so many ways to do it, and I want to do it the RIGHT way! I'm getting very scared and thinking how quickly I can order a sheetcake from the grocery store. :0( But....if I get my confidence back up--can anyone tell me if they would:1- Use air brush to spray paint elmo's grass tip fur? Or should I...
Okay! That's what I needed to know. I can't find it on the internet anywhere, I think most people must use white fondant.Well, I'm gonna go try another coat! Thanks!!
So I got my handy dandy brand new Duff Airbrush today (at 50% off of course) and used it on my son's Beyblade birthday cake. This is my first airbrush ever, but it seems to be doing good---Problem is---I needed the top of the cake to be metallic shiny gold--and I used Duff's deep red fondant to cover the cake. After airbrushing with gold---the white MMF fondant pieces I put on top are nice and gold---but the rest of the top of the cake which is also supposed to be nice...
I LOVE this cake! Please post a pic when you make it.