Posts by cindylou2

This is the recipe I use http://cakecentral.com/recipe/updated-french-vanilla-buttercreamI've read all the posts on there and she does say that she leaves it 24 hours without refrigeration but I'm wondering if it can go a bit longer.
No. She's picking them up on Friday and I'll be leaving to go away. No time to ice them on Friday since I'll be packing and running errands so I have to do it all Thursday night.
I use an icing recipe that uses heavy cream and a flavoured coffee creamer. I'm making cupcakes for a friend for Mother's day but have to make them on Thursday since I'll be going away. I know everyone says not to refrigerate cupcakes or they will dry out, so do you think the cupcakes will still be ok to eat on Sunday if they having been sitting in a covered container with those ingredients in the icing? I dont want to change the icing because this is the recipe she loves...
Thanks for the reply Marianna. I put them all together in a container and covered them so perhaps they were just not hardened enough. A few were salvageable. I made some more and was sure to leave them to dry overnight and they all came out fine and lasted in the buttercream. I think I just needed to give them more time to dry
Thanks so much for the tips. I'm going to leave them overnight and then put the on the cupcakes in the morning when my hubby takes them into work.
I posted this question in the cupcake forum also. I'm hoping someone can help with my dilemma. I'm just a novice hobby baker and love to bake cupcakes for friends and family. I decided to try and make gumpaste flowers to place on my cupcakes for a friends birthday. I made the flowers last night and a few were "melted" this morning. I'm a little afraid that if I place them on the buttercream icing, they will all melt. Can anyone tell me if the gumpaste flowers will be ok on...
I'm hoping someone can help with my dilemma. I'm just a novice hobby baker and love to bake cupcakes for friends and family. I decided to try and make gumpaste flowers to place on my cupcakes for a friends birthday. I made the flowers last night and a few were "melted" this morning. I'm a little afraid that if I place them on the buttercream icing, they will all melt. Can anyone tell me if the gumpaste flowers will be ok on the buttecream icing or if I should use something...
Thanks ladies. I wasnt sure if I needed to add the vanilla and then add almond afterwards. I want to have a bit of both for the icing but not making two seperate batches. I just thought it might be too sweet to use the vanilla and then add the almond. But I'll give it a try.
Silly question I know but I am a novice baker and want to be sure I do this correctly. I'm making chocolate buttercream for the first time and normally I would just use vanilla extract. But I'd like to do half with almond and half with vanilla. So would I divide the icing in half first before putting any extract in at all? Told you it was a silly question
Thankyou for your replies everyone. I decided that I'd better not take chances "just in case". I actually have no clue if it is a sell by or use by date as only the date is stamped on there with nothing else beside it. *shrug*