Posts by blueskies

Yes, you should ice under the MMF. I use buttercream just like regular fondant.
I made the incredible melted ice cream cake last weekend. I used Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream, as she recommended. Can't wait to try some other flavors. I think chunky monkey ice cream would be awesome. Talk about an easy and delicious cake! And, the chocolate marshmallow frosting tasted like fudge. Mmmmmm.....TCturtleshell, I've been wanting to make that hummingbird cake. It sounds like a perfect cake for summer. Thanks for the review!
Wow, those are great! I especially love the yellow one but it's out of my league too. The lids look like fondant to me, cut to size before being put on the cake....
Personally, I think it's worth every penny! I've made 7 or 8 cakes from it and every one of them has gotten rave reviews. There's another thread on here with reviews from several people recently so you may want to check that out too. Plus, I'm just too lazy to bake cakes from scratch.
I was wondering if that would work...it seems like it would. If you try it, let us know the outcome.
Your writing is great and the cakes look perfect! Good job!!!
I cook them and feed them to the dog. Not all that healthy, but he loves it!
Thanks, Joe! I'm going to try it on my next cake. I LOVE having new recommendations to play with!
That's different. Did you decorate with it? How did it hold up? I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!
The Cake Mix Doctor - - a great book for easy and tasty cakes!