Posts by zanne

I was hired to make a wedding cake for my boss' daughter, the cost of materials is looking to be about $152, but I'd like to make a little something on top of covering my costs. How should I go about costing? It will be for 110 people, three cakes, not tired, hydrengas in gumpaste and the whole cake covered in fondants. 16, 12, and 8.... I would love some advice! Its the first time I will have to ask for more then just covering costs....
Even if your not a legal business, you had an agreement, one that you can prove through e-mails, that you were going to provide a service for afee. she broke the implied contract therefore she is liable for the costs to date (some states it would eb the whoel thing).... you know, its kinda like going to a hotel, if you cancel too late u haev to pay a fine... some stuff.... an dbesides your being reasonable by only requesting reimbursment for cost incured. there is a whole...
not to be horrible, but you can sue her for your reimbursement costs.... you have evidence showing that you and her had a verbal and written understanding regarding the cake adn your job, then you haev your telephone records showing that you were contacting adn been contacted by both ppl. youth is nto an excuse adn if her wedding planner was truly professional, then she wouldn;t hve behaved this way. If you want your money, give them till monday, if they don;t produce,...
I made a spongebob cake and I had so much trouble covering it in fondant! I just couldn;t make the whole thing smooth! When I've done round cakes, or even "short" cakes, i've been ok, but to do a tall, square cake, i'm have major issues! can anyone offer advice on how to do a tall regtangle/square cake in fondant.....? please...
I'm havign teh same problem, ironically I was gonna post for help about the same thing!!! lol! I made mmf the first time for a holloween cake and it almost borke my machine!!!!! it was tooooooo soft, then too hard and i had a heck of a hard time rolling it out, and it was stickign to everything!!! but any harder and I would haev had a brick! I got teh recipe off here, it had the highest score. Any suggestions, or a better recipe?
Hello, hopefully someone can help me... I'm tryin to put fondant on a rectangle shaped cake, and i need toknow if there is a trick to making it smooth. The sides will be higher/taller then the top of teh cake. not sure how to smooth it out with out getting a wrinkle on teh last corner.any suggestions????thank you!
actually, can i add to her question???? I'm makign a 3 layered cake that i am carvig into a coffin. the bottom layer is badly cracked, but i'm thinking since its the bottom, going to be iced and covered with fondant it will still be ok? i'm just goign to stack them and carve th elayers all together .... this should work right????
is that extender recipe good to use for a 3d cake... or a carved cake... it holds its shape well? not too soft?
Hey there, so I'm new to the cake decorating frontier, and the other day I made a 3D cake.... Over all I was fairly happy, but i wanted to throw it when I was tryign to ice it! the ckae was crumbling apart on me!.... I think this is becuase te cake i used was too soft, or it was becase i carved it? I have no idea! can anyone help me with suggesting where i can get perhaps a denser cake recipe, or a better butter cream recipe (i used the wilton buttercream from there clss...
wow! those are fantastic!,... and yes, soemthing like that