Posts by giraffe11

Anyone?
I keep it in ziplocs with the air squeezed out, so it doesn't dry. How long do you generally keep it and still reuse. I have kept it for a couple of weeks before, but I may be pushing the limits now. Any input? Thanks
I always make my own.......often something new and different or more time consuming and elaborate than my usual. It doesn't have to be cake though.......could be something chocolate or cookies or whatever I am in the mood for. I am a dessert snob. lol I really think that 90% (or more) of the desserts my husband could buy for me elsewhere are substandard and simply not worth the calories. So, I make my own..... That way I know it'll be good. Happy Birthday, whatever...
Glad you got your problem worked out! And don't cry....things like that happen to everyone at least once! Re: MS recipes........I agree that some are just awful......but the ones that are good are just so amazing that they keep people talking about your fabulous food for years.....quite literally. To me, it is worth it to trog through some losers to get the gems. I just remember to ALWAYS try out the recipe on my immediate family first. Of course, I do that anyway, no...
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I would've done something!!! I used to be on CC all the time, but last August I started med school and my caking all went down hill from there.... lol I have made several batches of cookies this summer, but haven't posted in my album yet. I hope there is an August theme and I will participate in that one! Maybe if no one posts this month, you can get another chance to pick a theme for August?
Bump??? I found the answer to my RKT questions elsewhere on the web. I still would love to hear from an experienced choco pan user about any tips to working with it. Do I need to treat it any differently than nl fondant?
I have never done a fondant cake or used RKT and I have a couple of questions. Do I have to modify the RKT recipe, or just use the one on the box? Do I need to frost the RHT piece to get the choco pan to stick to it? ANy other tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I have the Sharon Z DVD on fondant. Is there anything different about the choco pan that I should be aware of? THanks for any help you can lend. Heather
Thanks for the links. Some of those really are amazing, although I don't think I will ever be that good! I know I see a lot of people that draw pictures with them and some of those cakes are really pretty, but I was never any good at drawing. I think if I were to use an airbrush it would be for shading or adding sheen to something, as a poster above suggested. I just want to see some more examples.......I can't really find any good references for learning, either. ...
I keep hearing about how talented some folks are with airbrushing and how it can be very pretty and add more dimension to certain designs. But all I've ever seen of it (at least that I have known was airbrushing) are the cheap and lazy-looking cakes in the grocery store. You know....the ones with the really garish colors and the bleed over two inches away from the rose it was trying to color. Is anyone on here an airbrush expert? I would love to see some cakes where...
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have noticed that tab too. It could be hidden in some designs, but def. a pain. And yes, I also hate trying to get my fingers underneath to lift up......esp on a heavy stacked cake, but most systems seem to have that problem. Thanks for your input!