Posts by Jenn1978

So its been forever since I have been on here Just need to get this off my chest!So I'm in the military and recently came back from a 8 month deployment. While I was gone my poor husband had to pack up the house and move. So its been over a yr since I have done a cake and a good friend of my had asked me to do her baby shower cake, no big deal, I've got this. Well I sit down this afternoon to start making flowers, simple enough, so I thought. I start to pull out my...
thanks! its def a wilton color, just weird that I've never had that problem before. Guess I'll invest in some americolor!
So i made a cake last week and needed black and gray, I made the black first and got rid of most of it and added lots of white frosting and my gray ended up turning dark green...any ideas as to why? can the color go bad after time? Ive never had that happen before. I even tried to start all over but no matter what i did it turned green....any suggestions?
thnx a million!
Im at work, don't have time to search the forum so would somebody be kind enough to assist Ive seen some cupcakes that look like icecream cones, would I just bake the cake in the cone? Im guessing so....do I have to do anything special? Would I use the same temp? Any advice would be much appreciated!
I do my bassinette hood using the 3-d egg pan with royal frosting. After it completely dried I just gently squeeze the sides of the egg pan and the hood slides right off. I then just place it on the cake when Im all done decorating.
Another idea is to just use your 9" rounds. Fill them with enough batter to get a nice top on both cakes. After the cakes have baked and cooled cut the tops off and put them to the side. after you stack your 2 rounds stack your "tops" on top. This will give you a pretty decent round top. Then just shave away at the sides to give the all around "ball" look. Also shave some away at the bottom. I do it this way all the time. If you look in my pics, that's how the...
Isn't it amazing what they can mess up so quickly! There have been numerous times when I'd be in the middle of something and realized I either forgot to pick something up or ran out of something so I would ask him to run to the store....he would either forget to grab what I asked for or grab the wrong stuff! Now when he goes he calls me from the store to make sure he's got the right stuff and everything that I asked for! He even called to ask me what size wax paper I...
I used a yellow cake with a little french vanilla creamer and then threw in some choc/peanut butter choc chips then dipped on chocolate! Boy were they a hit! I also melted come caramel and threw that in one batch! i could go on and on with the things I have tried!
I just got off the phone with my sister, she's in NJ, Im in San Diego, and her and a friend of mine really want me to do cakes for them. One for my nephews bday and the other for my friends Son's bday. She asked if I would look into it to see how much it would cost if it can even be done. I mean Im sure it can but how do I go about doing it? My sister started laughing and said "maybe it would be cheaper for us to just fly you home!" Has anybody ever done this? maybe...