Posts by pirogilady

Anyone has updates for NJ? thanks!
Thank you everyone for the responses and the shared knowledge. you are right- we can't go broke on it, can't be too cheap...thank you so much!
I am just starting out my cake business, and a prominent restaurant has tried my gluten free and regular cakes. They are asking for a price list and i have a hard time researching HOW to come up with a price list for wholesale. It is much easier to establish a price for the public- but for wholesale seems to be a very grey, "secretive" area.... ok not secretive maybe but definitely confusing....Can anyone PLEASE help with any ideas or experience you've had????????I dont...
Hi everyone- i am in the process of registering my cake business from home.. excited and scared... I am trying to create the web site by myself with a help of a very good techy friend. There are TONS of web site softwares on the internet- free and not so free, my head is spinning from all the search results!!! can you please share which software you used to create your own website? which ones you likes or disliked? I wish i could pay someone to develop the site, but at...
hi- in fairlawn- the russian food stores on river road have rose water. Middle eastern food stores have that too. River road one store is called Amira grocery store. good luck!
thank you- here is what i have to make for them: carrot cake squares, banana cake squares, flourless green tea cake squares, sour cream cake squares, rugelach, and 2 different cookies (black and white and maybe sugar cookies- my choice really)...that's the list. thank you so much!!!! I just don't think each person will have EVERY one of those things...
hello everyone. I have an order for a MIXTURE-variety of pastries for a bar Mitzvah. It's not 1 cake- but a mix of 6 different desserts to be put as platters on tables, for 200 people.How do you calculate how much of each recipe I need? Is there a standard calculation somewhere? Also- do you charge for this sort of baking also per "slice"?HELP!!!! thank you to everyone.
hi- I also use foam boards a lot as a base but not in the middle. many times i keep cardboard boxes and cut the boards myself, then cover them in decorative foil..Also- as a base, i started sometimes using styrofoam boards- expecially helpful with larger/heavier cakes, and also stabilizes cake if you want to put a dowel rod thru it. Of course- i cover it with deco. foil first, but the rods go thru it anyway....
thank you very much i will try both links. i have the feeling one of you speaks hebrew- if you do- you might know the book i am translating the conversion from !!!if i am wrong about this- forgive me. the book is "ugot le-kol et"...
hi everyone. I posted the same question few years ago but lost the post after CC had to be rebuilt some time ago so I have to ask again: using european recipes, how do i convert the amount of yeast from Grams to Ounces (or teaspoons or what have you). it's can't be direct conversion- otherwise if a recipe calls for 30 grams of yeast, in ounces i'd have to use so much yeast that it will rise to the ceiling!!! Please- any help is appreciated. i love those...