Posts by vonnie222

You can use ganache as a filling and to do your decorations both ways. If you don't want to whip it, after it cools, it can be spread between the layers, as a crumb coat under fondant, as frosting, and put in a bag to pipe your decorations with.To whip it, after it cools, place in stand mixer, use your whip attachment and whip it on high for about 10 minutes (just like you were making mashed potatoes). You can also do it with a hand mixer. It can be used the same ways...
Chocolate ganache. One batch should do about 48 cupcakes. No mixer involved. Dip the tops into the ganache when it's warm but not hot. I use the ganache 1 recipe from here all the time. When it gets to cool to dip properly, microwave for a few seconds to rewarm. Add sprinkles of choice or other decorations. Recipe easily doubles. I even use it as a filling to pipe into the cupcakes. I buy the plastic carriers from Global sugar, holds 24, can stack 3-4 tall with...
Call the owner of the place you'll be staying at and ask what the kitchen is equipped with. Ask them or go online to find where the closest grocery store's are that have a bakery. Call them up and ask if they will sell you an unfrosted cake. Many bakeries will. If they will, pack a couple of bags, some tips, and any other beachy themed deco items. You can buy flip flops, sea creatures like dolphins, fish, crabs, male and female dolls in bathing suits, etc. You can...
The only recipe I ever use for ganache is Chocolate Ganache 1 by cheftaz. It's in the recipe section here on CC. It's quick and easy, I can have a batch ready in about 15 minutes. (I use a metal or glass bowl and it only takes a couple of minutes with my whisk to mix the ingredients).For pouring over cake, I let it cool to room temp. For frosting a cake, refrig for at least an hour before spreading on cake, and it pipes beautifully for borders and such. For whipped...
There's two stores on the East side of the state too. Carolyns is at 1705 North Hamilton in Spokane and The Cake Decorators Shoppe in Yakima at Summitview and 56th. Very nice ladies and will special order if needed.
Sorry, I should have said this is what I use for rolling out my fondant and such on. Don't put this in your ovens, it's not a baking mat.
I go to my local fabric store and in the upholstery section they have long rolls (up to 48 inches) of clear heavy plastic that is used for covering dining table chair seats to keep them clean. Some people also lay it over their tablecloths, especially if they have small children. The store usually has several thicknesses available. I get the heaviest. I usually buy a 4x4 piece and cut whatever sizes I need. I have several, 1x1, 2x2 up to 4x4 feet, 2x4 for drapes,...
Arkansas just passed a food cottage law. It is now in effect.
I've have a yes from Senator Linda Evans Parlette and Represenative Gary Condotta. And I've asked my family and friends to contact their senators and represenatives to support this bill. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Hope some of you pros out there can help. I would like to open a bakery/cake shop. Cuppies, custom cakes, offer gluten free and diabetic goodies, eventually have a full service bakery down the road and maybe a cake decorating supply shop attached to it at some point.But I don't want to do it alone. At 53 years old, I''m too old to work 80 hour weeks. Geographic location is not an issue really, but I prefer the southern, midwest and western states or maybe even another...