Posts by bellabiaggio

Whoohoo! I just bought them, plus a chevron and cool plaque cutter too! www.notjustcakesbyannie.com
It seems that they are out of stock right now, but it looks like on their Facebook page that they are restocking at 4 pm PST, so I am going to look again in a little bit.
Thank you so, so much!!!!
Can anyone please tell me the name of the cutter used on the bottom tier? I would like to duplicate this look on my sister's baby shower cake as it is the same pattern on her invitation. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
I have a request to incorporate the idea that the baby shower cake is from the dad-to-be in a subtle, non-cheesy way. The cake is going to be pink and brown and inspired by the nursery bedding with flowers and birds. Any ideas? Thanks!
I can't eat it because I am allergic, but I did use it as a filling a while back and everyone said that it was delicious. I whipped heavy cream and folded it in. I warmed it first to thin it out a bit, let it cool, then folded in the whipped cream. Hope that helps!
How about buttercream, maybe with cinnamon, butterscotch or caramel flavor? You can still do the spice/apple/pumpkin/carrot type cupcake with those.
Bump
I need to make a carved airplane cake for this weekend. It needs to feed 20 people. Probably at least 2 layers of cake. What size would you start with since a lot will be carved away? Thanks in advance for any advice
This is the first time that I saw this on the home page today. Sorry that you haven't had a response since you posted this morning In my experience, SMBC is lovely. It takes a lot more time to make than an traditional sweet buttercream, but in my opinion, it tastes better. It has a silky, buttery flavor. It smooths very nicely and once you put it back in the fridge, it will firm up. I always put fondant over it so I am not sure how easy it is to fix in the end. I don't...