Posts by cakeandpartygirl

Me too!
Are you trying to cover petitfours (sp)? That is a whole different type of fondant. That is poured fondant as opposed to rolled fondant. I would think that the cake would have to be chilled and you may need to use a couple of coats to get complete coverage. You don't want the poured fondant to be too runny (hot) , it needs to be pourable but not hot. I hope that helped
His homeowner's policy doesn't cover the contents of the house when it becomes a rental unless they choose to keep it. As a renter you are responsible for your belongings. You would need to have liability insurance of course. It gets a little sticky because if someone falls and decides to sue not only you but the homeowner. That is the reason you would need to contact your landlord. I am sure there is something that could be written on the policy that would have to include...
It could be that you added too much powdered sugar. When I first made fondant from scratch I put way to much po.sugar and the next day it was impossible to work with. It also depends on the environment that you live, I just recently moved to a more humid climate and have noticed that I have to add more po. sugar to my recipe than when I lived in a drier climate. Also try kneading in some shortening to see if that would help some.
what about in the little squeeze bottles?
Me too!
I use michelle foster's fondant as there aren't any cake supply stores nearby and I really hate to pay shipping. It works well for me.
Me too
I totally understand where you are coming from. I recently moved from Texas and from experience you could get way more than $2 per serving for a tiered cake. I started at $2.75 and still should have been more than that. For my sheet cakes I started at $2 per serving for buttercream. For me know I am going through a pricing crisis...lower income area among other factors but my ingredients cost didn't go lower, they are more expensive and as well as I don't have access to...
I would say it would serve 1 .5 times the amount. I would look at what a regular height 8 in cake serves which I believe is 24 so half of that because it is a half layer would be 12 so you would get a total of 36 servings. Maybe someone else with more knowledge will help but that is what I think.