Posts by Cakerer

OK...so I went above and beyond the call of 'aunt' and did a big favor for my half brother. I agreed to do a rather large, rather detailed wedding cake for my neice for cost ($100). It was a 12-10-8-6 (choc, strawberry, red velvet and white choc)....Yep, the check was declined....I got a bunch of excuses about fraud charges to his checking account but he forgot I work for a bank and know the rules about fraudulent charges. This is the first time this has ever happened...
OK...I am a die hard MMF fan....I make HUGE batches of it for when I need it. Until this weekend. I splurged because I had a wedding 3 hrs away for a family member. On the way, I purchased a 15 lb tub of Pettinice (at $64 it was cheaper than Satin Ice). I covered a 12, 10, 8 and 6 (5" layer) tiers and made about 25 roses and still have almost a half tub left! Oh, and it tastes like a smooth marshmallow...very mild!I wanted to post this because before now, I couldn't...
Forgot to add that my neice who was there - and never seen fondant before (or tasted it) still wants me to do her wedding cake in fondant....lol...
I made a baby shower cake for my nephews wife's shower for Sat. The cake was baked Thursday and covered in buttercream Thurs night. MMF made Thursday night and covered the cake Friday.....which is when it started to rain and the humidity was AWFUL!!! Drove 4 hrs in the rain w/the cake in the car...car was very cool (my poor mother)...cake went into another house overnight - someone who doesn't keep theirs as cool as mine...then back into the car on Saturday (again, very...
Is she serious? Well, I guess if she thinks she can do it, then let her try.....tell her to hit youtube...not that you couldn't tell her about CC but after those comments
I do the flip thing with another pan which someone else also suggested. Hope this works for you. I think you can order racks without the lip but I don't do many 16" squares so it wasn't something I thought would be useful. Best of luck!
That's funny...I'm the 'cake lady' or 'cupcake girl'!
A few months ago I saw a cake on CC that I believe was round. It was white fondant with white flower (mixed) cutouts covering the cake with very little of the original fondant layer showing through. It was a 3 tiers I believe. The poster said she made the cake for her own wedding. It had an 'embossed' look.I'm hoping someone remembers this cake and saved it in their favorites because I've been searching for quite some time.Thanks!
This seems to happen to me when I use water in my BC. I use the buttercream dream recipe and only use milk or creamer. Not really sure why water makes a difference with me but it does. I did this the other day for a FBCT (used water...duhuh?) and I used americolor green and blue and both of them separated and became mushy. It wasn't a problem because of why I was using it but I could definitely see it causing an issue with an entire cake. Oh, I also used wilton orange...
It's so much easier to have a stack of covered boards on hand for when you need them. I use freezer paper or white contact paper almost always. Which brings me to......it's much cheaper to use freezer paper than to use fanci foil. Not as decorative but works great.It's so much easier to cover a few boards in contact paper and use when flipping out large sheets or rounds from the pan or use when torting.It's so much easier to make a big batch of simple syrup and store in...