Posts by Toster

I don't like it at all.  It's very confusing.  I used to be able to put my user ID in the Key Words, that way when someone asked to see my cakes I could just have them do a search on my user ID and they would all come up - but there is no longer a Key Words section.  I haven't figured out yet how they can do a search and find just my photos. I don't like any of it!
Never thought of the air coming from the stacked cake - but that makes sense. I have a cake for this weekend, so I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks for all of the advice.
Thanks for all the input. I do use a pin to get the air bubbles out, but it jus seems that there are so many my cakes don't look as smooth as I'd like. Your recipe is a little different than mine. I use the 16 oz bag of marshmallows with 2-3 tbsp of water and a little vanilla. After melting marshmallows I add a 2 lb. bag of powdered sugar and mix with my KitchenAid. This is also a very easy recipe, but I wonder if mixing with the mixer could have anything to do with...
I actually tried that last night - I have the Wilton matt - it does role out quite nicely, but I still got air bubbles. Just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong - and I never see them having this issue on any of the cake shows. What recipe do you use for your homemade fondant?
I'm just covering cakes frosted with buttercream. I usually spray with a little water so it sticks, but I've tried not using the water and still get air bubbles. I'll try the shortening tonight and see if that works.
I make my own fondant - it's cheaper and tastes better - but, when I cover my cakes, I seem to have a lot of air bubbles and have a really hard time getting them all out and making my cakes perfectly smooth. Not sure if the reason for the air bubbles is because it's homemade MMF or not. Does anyone else have this problem or any suggestions for avoiding or eliminating air bubbles?