Posts by rhesp1212

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------I made my first tiered cake tonight at my class, and it turned out absolutely GORGEOUS!! Even my instructor was seriously impressed! So, I'm very excited about it. I would love to post a pic, but my files are too big. Anyways....I'm wondering if it will keep until a party on Saturday night? I baked it late Tuesday night and iced it as soon as it cooled. I did a strawberry filling on one of the...
I made my first tiered cake tonight at my class, and it turned out absolutely GORGEOUS!! Even my instructor was seriously impressed! So, I'm very excited about it. I would love to post a pic, but my files are too big. Anyways....I'm wondering if it will keep until a party on Saturday night? I baked it late Tuesday night and iced it as soon as it cooled. I did a strawberry filling on one of the cakes...will it be all soggy by Saturday? Or should I just sacrifice the cake to...
I bought a thinner vinyl and this is what I did....cut your peices and soak them in very hot water for a few minutes (you'll be able to feel it soften a bit) and then lay flat to dry. You can also cover with a towel and iron over the top of it. I haven't had any problems with mine doing the hot water method. Then to store it, I roll it onto a PVC pipe or old wrapping paper tube.Valerie
For everyone who has used the homemade MMF recipes.....how many pounds does it make?? I'm trying to figure out how many batches I need to cover a 10" and 6" round cake. I hate the wilton stuff and this is just a practice cake so I don't feel like spending a fortune on Satin Ice for it when I can make MMF for a few bucks!! So, I guess my question is....how many pounds is it considered? How big of a cake will one batch cover??Thanks so much!!!Valerie
depending on the shade of sage green you are looking for, I did one this weekend where I did leaves in a sage color. I mixed a little bit of leaf green with willow green and add just a touch of brown to take the bright green-ness out of it.
Ok, I was going to post a picture for you, but my files are way to big. The cookies that I've done before, I got the idea from the wilton website. It looks like a baby crawling away from you. Use one big round cookie covered with white icing as the bottom. Use a smaller round cookie colored flesh and attach behind the white one...to look like a face peeking out. Then do royal icing baby feet and attach to the bootom....on the cookies I wrote "bottoms up" . Everyone loved...
I'm doing a two teired stacked cake with fondant for the first time....I'm trying to figure out how to determine how much fondant to use! Any suggestions would be great!! I'm going to cover one layer in Satin Ice and the other in MMF to practice working with both of them. I bought the small container of Satin Ice. I have to make a 10" round and a 6" round. Would one container be enough to cover both?? It doesn't say anywhere on the container!!Thanks in advance!! Valerie
just a thought, but could you maybe sponge paint coloring onto the rolled snake shape to give it sort of that motled, scaley look? Haven't tried it, but that would be my first guess and easiest way of making it looked scaled.Valerie
Hello,I'm a newbie here, although I've been lurking for a long time now!! LOVE THIS SITE!! Anyways....I can't find a wilton egg pan, and I really wanted to make an egg shaped cake for Easter. Any ideas on how to best sculpt an egg cake? I would really like to get the rounded effect like the pan and not just carve out a flat surfaced egg shape. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!Thanks in advance!Valerie
I've had this same problem before....I'm interested to hear what everyone has to say!! I had to do the exact same thing...just glob on the icing and pat it down.Valeire