Posts by terrylee

Do a dummy cake...all three layers....for the wedding...( a display cake) and bake regular sheet cakes for the kitchen to accomadate your guests. Stack all three tiers, tie together with dowels going thru all tiers....Ice the cake with your rose swirls. You can do this a few days before the wedding and let it just stand out in the air.....it will crust and dry a bit.. you don't have anything that will spoil and no need to refrigerate.....does this make sense....?
Sounds like fun and a crazy cake.......have fun and please post pictures....
I've only done a few figures but I know you can do they well in advance, months if you like...lots of practice...I've done some of them twice or more times before I get what I want. Some come on the first try.....take your time, check our figures done by CC members, to get an idea of what you want. Let them air dry, don't cover....once dry they will last almost indiffently....Sugar doesn't spoil. Have fun and post pictures.....
I have one too....love it....I try and get the fondant as warm as possible by working it in my hands...you can use the microwave but be careful...it get soft real quick. best to just usea bit of shortening if you have to and work it with your hands.....love the hand crank....have fun.
I have one too....love it....I try and get the fondant as warm as possible by working it in my hands...you can use the microwave but be careful...it get soft real quick. best to just usea bit of shortening if you have to and work it with your hands.....love the hand crank....have fun.
You have over an hour...have a minimum of 6 cupcakes each...swirl icing...show them how to make fondont cut-out flowers , maybe whimsey roses...leaves....... maybe you could do a flower pot with cupcake flowers...check on search for cupcake bouquets.....or just search for cupcakes on CC and a lot of ideas will come up. You might be surprised about the buttercream roses.. you have plenty of time to show them and help them...some kids are a natural at...
Some time I stack the pans to either show a potential customer or for my own reference.....It gives you a pretty good visual.
You could try using a clay extruder, they have a tip that has a lot of tiny holes used to make a grass effect.....or in a pinch a garlic press.
3 hours is a long time to keep worrying about a stacked slipping or moving, for me even a short 1/2 trip would be long. I would travel all separate and stack and add characters on site. It is only 3 layer and shouldn't take long to finish there.
I travel quite a bit....I do not travel with my cakes stacked. I always put in stablizer straws when traveling. I even put them in a sheet cake sometimes. That depends on how far it's traveling and who is driving. Rubbermaid rubber shelf liners are great for lining the back of my vehicle, it looks clean and it keeps the cakes from moving around. Keep the air on in warm weather. The one thing you don't have much control over is the road. I have been on some...