Posts by daveilg

Go to icingmagic.com. I bought the large format Canon just because it's easier to print smaller images on it than to print larger images on a small printer. Also they have a starter package that has all of the cleaning tools you will need for the printer maintenance. Hope this helps!!!!  
here's the recipe i use, i just can't remember where i got it, but it works well with fondant and tastes greatDevil's Food Cake Ingredients•  2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour •  1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder •  1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder •  1 tsp baking soda •  1/4 teaspoon salt •  1/2 cup shortening •  1-3/4 cups sugar •  1tsp vanilla •  4 eggs •  1-1/3 cups cold water Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease and lightly flour two 9x1-1/2-inch round cake...
http://cakecentral.com/articles/131/how-to-make-a-gumpaste-stargazer-lily-asian-lilyHTH
All she can remember is that you combine flour with other ingredients, roll out the dough and coat it with 1 stick of butter, roll it up and refrigerate for some period of time. repeat this 3 more times. After the final, cut into squares and fill with whipped egg white with sugar and chopped nuts folded in. gather up the edges and bake. I rember eating these as a kid but nevver helped make them. If this recipe sounds familiar can anyone fill in the gaps for me PLEASE!!
You're very welcomeDave
I would use the NFSC or no fail sugar cookie recipe posted right here on Cake Central!Dave
here's the link to Alice's pricinr matrix. You can go to the recipe tab and put in your own recipes. Just go to the last tab and read the instructions. I use it and with a couple of changes to fit my biz, it works great!!http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-5711.htmlHope this gets you going!!!Dave
A 12x18x2 is what is called a half sheet cake. It takes 14 cups of batter. I use the yellow cake recipe I found on Wilton, but any yellow cake will do. You need to see how many cups of batter the recipe takes and multiply until you get 14 cups. The recipe on Wilto, and most standard recipes make about 5 1/2 to 6 cups of batter. So you would use 2 1/2 batches. The recipe I mentioned is as follows, remember you need 2 1/2 times of everything if your mixer will handle...
I have used a mixture of brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs. My clients seem to like it and it serves as it's own "glue" if you press it into place gently.HTHDave
I have delivered a couple of cakes without a box and made out ok but I usually go to Wally World and just buy a regular cardboard box that the cake will fit in. You can take the box with you after the delivery and recycle them for other cakes. I have done cakes larger than a full sheet cake and delivered them without a box but I made sure they were at least covered with plastic wrap to protect them as much as I could.HTHDave