Posts by 1dessertdiva

Hi everyone,Just wondered how many no shows you average when someone makes an appointment to do a cake tasting?I have been doing tastings about 4 years and until this year they always show or call to reschedule; this year however I have had 3 no shows who did not even make a courtesy call.I had one for this evening I called her to confirm the appointment 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time and she said she just got home from work and wouldn't be able to make it ( she...
Day off???? I get my first in 42 days this Sunday and I am looking forward to it!! Then it's back to the lunacy which is my life
Pages 9 & 11 sum it all up! I've come clean and confessed all my mistakes (OK not all )This is a new cake week I only have a replica of the "Black Pearl" and a standard 3-tier with 1/2 sheet so I actually have some human time, however I have a busy week next week (REALLY BUSY!)I have learned valuable, COSTLY lessons as well as humilty and even if I have to pull all nighters every night I vow "This will never happen again!"Thanks to everyone who was able to help, who...
I am OK now, I have a bit more time ( only 2 specialty cakes and sheet cakes this week)and feel the need to extend the details of that day.I have to admit it is my fault, it was slightly rushed, and more over, I had an extern I allowed to do a few tiers while I worked on other things, so SHAME on me TWICE!! I am supposed to train my extern and keep a close eye on progress or lack there of, no I am not trying to shift blame at all (HONESTLY) Truly most of my cakes are...
When I saw the MOB who actually turned out to be MOG, I asked if there was anything I could do to make her happy with the cake and I suggested: removing the ribbon, hand piping different decorations, applying fresh flowers etc... And of course fixing the tilt, at that point she had herself so worked up nothing would have helped short of Martha Stewart herself showing up! Of course it would have cost A LOT more
I have not read all the responses (haven't had time), but since I started this thread, I will finish it. Here is a link to another one of my sites:http://www.weddingwire.com/vendor/VendorViewProfile?vid=c54a30895967f70d&portfolioPage=1&z=z&mode=&tab=profile#mPortfolio, most of my cakes turn out OK.The cake that was refused was certainly blemished, the color was not my choice (99% of the time I have them bring a color chip from, lowes, home depot, walmart, their ribbon or...
Hi All,I hate drama ( I know I am a Caterer I should be used to the stresssss)So, super quick upload, a picture off the camera of my assistant with some details: the original cake was a Martha, peach, fondant, peach crimped ribbon, in the magazine with the butterflies all over it (I did that cake too) however the bride changed it to: chocolate brown fondant, pink ribbon with white border top & bottom (brown shows through) not crimped but flat)Again, while I was there being...
Hi All,Thanks for the empathy! I feel the need to clarify a few things... it will not be detailed as I am on my way back to work. I own a Catering and cake design co., I am currently on day 33 of NO days off. Friday I got 3 hours sleep then put in a long horrify day on the day the event happened. I would not waste my time posting something that was not true, as I value my down time, I was just in total shock because I have heard of things like this but new it would always...
I will post pictures as soon as I get them from my assistant.The cake was not "Perfection" but it certainly was worthy of the Wedding reception.It taste fantastic too!! I gave it to my Grand daughter for her birthday!A four tier fondant covered cake with ribbon imported from Germany, some one got to enjoy it!
Mom paid for half. I think Mom has issues with how high maintenance her Daughter is.Although this is one of my Brides that I had a million e-mails from, I should have known there could be problemsThe Mom asked the Groom to be should I take it away before the Bride can see it and he said Yes, she then asked if he got pictures and he said lots.So it does not sound like a happy ending is heading my way.