Posts by GarciaGM

Thanks Bonniekaye.  I am THRILLED to report that I had GREAT success today just rolling the gumpaste really thin onto one of those dollar store chopping sheets.  I guess it depends on what you are cutting, correct?  For example, I'm cutting out a "D" like the Detroit Tigers logo, and if it were any wider than 6", the pasta roller wouldn't help me much.    Do you just let your cut-outs dry on the cardstock before you place them onto the cake?  I didn't apply any ...
I was blessed to receive a Silhouette Cameo for my birthday back in March.  I am embarrassed to say I haven't used it the first time for a cake.  I have everything I need from Linda McClure, but I have been too intimidated to use it.  I'm doing a cake this week that requires a fondant/gumpaste cut-out, so I have been determined to overcome my fear.  I've got my gumpaste all made up, and now I need to condition it and put it on a cutting mat to cure before...
Fingers crossed for an improved search function!!
Como le llaman al Italian Meringue Buttercream o al Swiss Meringue Buttercream en español? Tengo unas amigas mexicanas que probaron el mio y quieren la receta, pero no se como decirles que se llama. Gracias!!!
Ditto. I can see that I have a PM but I can't get to it. Keeps redirecting me to log in again even though I am already logged in, and it always returns me to the home page.
Yes, after that nightmare this spring, I pretty much decided I would break with my standard practice of sticking to scratch cakes and instead offer them a box mix the next time I get that request. That's what they are accustomed to with funfetti anyways, but I would of course explain the difference to whoever is asking for the cake.
I did a four-tier funfetti wedding cake in the spring. I tried just adding the rainbow colored jimmies to my regular white cake recipe as a test run, and it worked fine on a 9" round. That was WEEKS before the wedding. When I got ready to bake the layers, the 14" square totally sunk on me. It took me about three tries of adjustments to get it right...trying a different flour, changing egg amounts, reducing the amount of jimmies, etc. It eventually worked out, but it...
She says in the video she's making a strawberry shortcake. On their website, that cake is described as "gold velvet cake, topped with fresh whipped cream and fresh strawberries". I'm pretty sure that's just a whipped cream icing.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!! And yes, like someone else who posted, I'd love to see pictures of cupcakes you've iced!
Wow, it's THAT easy to get a smooth surface on the cupcakes?I was even thinking of trying the upside-down method, but that seems like an awful lot of work for cupcakes!