Posts by mygirlssweet

I've tried these three times and I just can't get them to look nice. I have given up. I have other things to do with my time instead of pulling my hair out.
Took a look at them today. Holy Expensive!!! It would have to be for a very special cake before I would pay that price. The punches, I thought looked really bulky and the designs, so so. I was really hoping they would be a managable price so I could give them a try.
I tried CK high ration a few times. Paid a fortune to get too. I personally did not like it. I did not like it. I did not like the texture or taste. I went back to regular shortening. My personal opinion.
My booth is very similar to cakesafe and let me tell you it didn't even cost a fraction of what they are charging. I love mine and my overspray is history.
My booth is very similar to cakesafe and let me tell you it didn't even cost a fraction of what they are charging. I love mine and my overspray is history.
I had my dad make a folding enclosure with a bathroom fan built into the back and a plexiglass top. I put my cake inside, turn on the fan (with some paper towel inside and on the out spout) and airbrush. Works wonderful and I NEVER have overspray anymore.
My first three tier wedding cake took me 15 hours plus baking in September. So don't feel bad. I just do it for a hobby, which is good since with the time it takes me it would be really bad for the bottom line. When I do a cake for someone, I schedule the whole day. Granted, I am extremely picky and paranoid about how it looks. Better to do one a day well, then three sloppy for me.
I did make mine a little bigger 24 x 24. And it folds up for easy storage. Hope you can get one!
I tried the folding things from Michael's. It was still everywhere. I just finished airbrushing a fish which took a while and I had NO over spray anywhere. It would be great for you if someone could build you what I have. The fan suck the overyspray out and traps in the papertowl.
I had this happen the first time I used mine. I cleaned and cleaned for days trying to get it off of everything. Then I went searching for a fix online. I found a site where a lady had a wood cabinet made with a bathroom fan in the back that sucked the overspray in and it gets trapped in the the paper towel that covers the fan in the back. So, I had my dad build me on. He made it out of plywood with sides hindged so I could fold it up for easier storage. I also have...