Posts by Estasrica

Most of us, wedding cake designers, are now booking for 2011... What color combinations are brides asking at your shop?
A few suggestions...Gathering Guide.com is great and FREE. (I've received several orders per week from that sight)Make appointments with local vendors. What I did was, chosen my favorite-best vendors that would generate a high end clients. Your favorite hair salon, linen/rental company, coordinators/event planners, recpetion sites/venues... Also, hit surrounding areas/towns. I've introduced myself,showed my portofolio, explained my products and services, and had a great...
Is it more economical to use the commercial grade gel-pac fillings verses from scratch" formulas? Which recipes/brands do you all preferr? *basically what I'm calculating, the from scratch's flavors vary depending on the fruits' rippness. I also find it is more time consuming to make them verses purchase them... Please let me know what you all think as business owners. Thanks...
How do you figure out the serving sizes? How is the cake suppose to be cut? How do you price the cake out? Let's say the customer needs to feed 30 people... What would you suggest? Thanks...Erika
When it went down, I realized I had an addiction!!!! This weekend I had two complicated birthday cakes that I need to research for... the entire week I had to find other sources to gain inspiration. Luckily, it came up in time to finalize my project. I'm so addictd I can't sleep without dreaming about cakes, new ideas, and cc!!!! I'm sure i'm not the only one!
I'm in fl. we've used dade paperhttp://www.dadepaper.com/Categories/Categories973dc7c1-ccbb-4fea-ad7e-95a77819f136.aspxand Unger http://www.ungerco.com/
cake flour has less gluten in it than all purpose flour. If you over mix your flour the gluten will start to build up, leaving a tough dense product.
Hello,Currently, I work for a bakery and feel at my level I am underpaid! (check my pictures our to judge my skill level) $10.00hr with no benefits. (my title is Assistant Cake Manager-in charge of putting out 60-80 cakes weekly) (not including holidays) My manager, aka LargeMarg is paid $12.00, her responsibilites are to produce 7-10 wedding cakes weekly as well as over see 2 of us. My first question is... what is the normal wage/salary for decoraters at our skill level?...
I love icing frozen cake but once the layers start to thaw they start to sweat. I have found that if the cake is blistering frozen it will crack the icing. We soak our Italin cream cakes with a rum soak, therefore when we ice it, it's refrigerator cold. My recommendation, since you prefer icing frozen cake, crumb ice the cake- place into your refrigerator until your icing has crusted over. At that point if condensation have beaded on your cake, you can simply spatula it...
What's needed with the edible image equipment? How much do they run?