Posts by Ironbaker

This issue drives me crazy! I feel your pain.What I've noticed is usually the culprit for me - too much moisture/humidity/fat. Sometimes I'll add a fruit puree, jam, etc to a white/yellow cake and it's too much if I did not compensate by removing some of the butter/liquid. It's happened to some that come out perfectly fine but then I put in a covered cake dome and they are peeled by morning. (humidity)With your yellow cake, adjust the fat/liquid a little and see if it...
Gigi's - bleh. We have them here as well and someone got me one for my birthday. There is far more icing than cake. Like 3 inches of sugary sweet icing. Thanks but no thanks. I don't get the fake flavors too - they're so obvious.
Thanks for posting this, K8. I knew about some but this really does make me pause and think. I stay away from dyes for my own food/cakes. It doesn't take a lot to cause an effect. I know a few kids who have that same reaction as your son. It also causes skin irritations. I did an allergy test last year and they only use a tiny amount to test for it. I've been saying this for years and stick to it, I firmly believe that was seems to be a surge of cancer cases over...
Gosh, I spent the last hour reading this....what a horribly disappointing ending! Not only to realize someone this heinous got away with such a bold crime but that this was over a year ago!! LOL I kept hoping things would change with the next page I clicked on. *sigh* A 3 tier hexagon cake w/fondant work and two dozen specialty cupcakes, all for $100. Aya.OP, I hope you've gotten stronger in this last year to deal with the business side of things. You won't have...
Nope, not kidding. Especially since you said "she made contact". She being the operative word. I don't think it's unreasonable at all. I get the "people love to complain" stuff but this story sounds like the BRIDE trying to get something out of this. SHE being hard to please - nobody else. So I would expect any negative feedback to come from her and her alone. I don't even think she told anyone else. Hence, the OP getting a call from the planner for another cake.
OP - I'm glad something positive came out of all of that! Sounds like a high maintenance bridezilla.This is the only think I have to disagree with. They've could've gone straight to their honeymoon like many do. I'd HOPE she wasn't thinking about cake during that time.
Leah converted me - SPS all the way. I used it again recently for a 3 tier cake, fully stacked before delivery....in Atlanta traffic and had to come to a sudden stop. Nothing moved. I am a firm believer!
I know it's not underbaking for me because I don't have the problem as much in the winter. Same recipes, same temps and baking times.@Suria_garden - I get that sometimes too and I think *that* has to do with underbaking. Not positive on that yet. I've wasted enough cuppies! lolThe mysteries of cupcakes.
I've had this happen way too many times lately and I intentionally tested it. I'm of the club that it is definitely moisture/fat related - be it too much fat in my recipe in relation to the dry ingredients OR adding moisture out of the oven (covered in tupperware, taking out of frig, etc.)I baked some yesterday, followed recipe, no extras, left on counter for a couple of hours - no peeling.I've used same recipe, added pureed fruit, sour cream - sooo moist and was peeling...
...and OMG @ the stories on RipOffreport.comThis dude is certifiable.