Posts by Ree

using milk and vinegar
The cake will be a 4 tier on placed on the towering cake stand with pink roses in between every tier and on top. The cakes will be pumpkin spice and apple spice with complementing fillings and will be iced with cream cheese icing. I have no idea what the price of this cake should be...plus, I will have to purchase the tier stand. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Here's what I did...I made a 3 tier Rice Krsipy Treat Cake, covered it in White Chocolate Candy Clay then covered it in white fondant. I air brushed the layers then cut out beach themed gumpaste from my Cricake cake and applied them to the fondant on Thursday. I made chocolate shells and hand molded a mermaid out of chocolate clay and applied her to the middle layer of the cake and hand painted everything. The cake traveled from Greer, SC to Garden City Beach, SC (a 5...
Thanks for answering. I was waiting on an email...so I didn't know you answered until today. All went great.
I have a 3 tier cake that I'll be traveling to the beach with on Friday morning and have just finished air brushing my layers. The cake will not be cut until Saturday night and I'm wanting to know if it will hurt to go ahead and put the cutouts on tonight or wait until tomorrow night. I just haven't work with this before and don't know if the images will mess up after being on so long or even if my fondant will begin to dry and crack. Any advice would be greatly...
The Sportsball pan will be way too small. Any ideas on how to make an exlarge beach ball cake? I thought about using a metal mixing bowl, but am unsure of baking time and temp for this. I think with an added layer in the center... this would be perfect. Any ideas?
Well I think this is the most expensive and Hardest lesson I've learned! I scraped almost 300 cookies altogether! But thank goodness I didn't have to redo EVERYTHING! I finally got it all done and have now been itiated into the wonderful world of cookie decorating! I hate it happened to you, too...but I'm glad that it just wasn't me!
Well I think this is the most expensive and Hardest lesson I've learned! I scraped almost 300 cookies altogether! But thank goodness I didn't have to redo EVERYTHING! I finally got it all done and have now been itiated into the wonderful world of cookie decorating! I hate it happened to you, too...but I'm glad that it just wasn't me!
Yes... I scraped everything off late yesterday and redid them. Just finished marking the baby bottle with my food pen. They look great compared to yesterday! Now... to scrape of the small present cookies and redo them... then on to scraping off the XL Carriage cookies. But... lhard esson learned and now I'm a mile better off than I was yesterday!!!! I thank y'all so much for all the help!Rita
That's alright... I reread mine too and I realized that I said I mixed with piping jel when I meant to say that I mixed with color flow. Yesterday was such a long and aggravating day! So far... today is good!