Posts by SweetDolly

I didn't ask...but more because I don't want to feel guilty about the experience! I know The Cake Girls website says their specialty cakes start at at $175 minimum; I'm hoping he didn't go much over that...
It's was on a 14x19 cake drum - I'm guessing 12 inches wide by 14 in length? At least 6 inches tall, but about 2 of that was the dummy.
I know; so sorry! Details above! It is delish - we'll be eating it for weeks because the cake was HUGE...another thing I now love about them; very generous servings. They told DH the cake would feed 25 - it would easily feed 40-45 by Wilton standards.
My name is Angela; family calls me Angie and hubby calls me Ange...LOLIt was vanilla butter cake with white chocolate ganache. The ganache was to DIE for; a little salty, which balanced the sweetness out very well. The cake was covered in white chocolate Choco-Pan (or similar); super tasty and suited the cake well. The buttercream was meringue - did not crust.What was most impressive to me was the construction. The bottom layer was a dummy, which was hot-glued to the...
I was so surprised; he never told me he was doing it! I have been a huge fan of The Cake Girls for a long time, and am even more impressed with them now that I've seen firsthand how well-constructed and utterly delicious their cakes are. I learned so much from slicing and eating this cake - felt like I took a class! I'm pretty sure posting the pic on CC violates rules, so here is a link, if you're interested in checking it out. ...
I could not agree with this more! I only got married 7 years ago, but my florist forgot about my wedding and I didn't freak out on her; we worked it out for the exact reason above - I was beyond thrilled to be marrying my perfect match and not having the right flowers there wasn't going to change that. I think people have become conditioned to complain, even if they're not really unhappy, because they think they're going to get a discount. It is truly sad that it has...
Unless I'm completely off base, these are being marketed for corporate ordering/gifts. When the exec. assistant has the boss' credit card, $40 for a dozen cookies is nothing. Having worked in the rat race for many years, people making these type of buying decisions don't want to have to fuss with personally picking colors, flavors, etc. They want to click through a gallery or two to see what what's going to show up, find out how many they sell because that's how they...
Absolutely, Kassie! I was just thinking about this topic! I have been on Weight Watchers since January and was doing really well (lost 20lbs) until this past month when I've gotten back into cakes more seriously. I had been on a 'cake hiatus' since after the holidays; now that I'm back into it I've gained 6 lbs! It's heartbreaking because I worked so hard to lose what I did. I need to learn to control my 'scrap sneaking' if I'm going to keep doing cakes...We should...
You've stressed this to be an event with many affluent people in attendance. Playing devil's advocate for a moment, if for any reason you may not live up to the expectations (quality, quantity, etc.) of the event owner, there is a possibility she could take legal recourse against you. If you are not legal, licensed, incorporated, etc., your personal assets could be at stake.I agree that this is an incredible opportunity, but I would think long and hard about any...
I agree 100% with CakesbyLJ. I would also make it clear to her that this is a one-time exception, in an attempt to defer her from doing it again (or anyone else she might end up referring to you!)