Posts by dshlent

I don't know what I am doing wrong but when I enter a topic into the forum search it seams like I get everything but what I entered. For example when I was searching for cake prices and sizes. One of the first things that popped up was, "What's for supper" then "putting down the cake".... It wasn't until almost the 2nd page that I found anything about cakes sizes & prices. Is there another way I should be doing the searches to get more specifc searches???Thanks...
How do you set your price on 3D cakes? I have an order for a toilet cake and have no idea how to set the price? Any suggestions?? The lady is wanting to know a price tomorrow so she can figure out if it is feasible for her...Any help would be great!!!Thanks.....
Ok... so if I need to get licensed does it take a lot to do that out of your home?
I have been decorating cakes for about 2 years now. By word of mouth I have been getting a few more cake orders. I thought I would start making it more of a business but not sure what I have to do? I got a retail certificate to charge sales tax but is there anything else I need to do so I can advertise and not get in trouble?? I don't do tons of cakes. I may to 5-6 cakes a month or go a couple of months without an order. I just enjoy doing and thought of trying to...
Ah.... guess I didn't realize there was an ivory gel. I'll have to go buy some....
What colors do you use to make ivory?~Heather
WOW!! I will have to check that out!!!!!Thanks..~Heather
Thank you... I'll have to see what I can find online. I bought two cake boxes for my 12x18 cake and spend $10.00. That seems high to me. Maybe I can find something a little cheaper online...~Heather
And all the time God is Good!!!
Any thoughts??