Posts by sweetlybaked

oh, it was on this site too...
I'm looking for this cake that was AMAZING, and I can't find it. I believe it was a lime green color with bluish flowers, all of the tiers (2 or 3) were made of ruffles of fondant I believe. Anyone? PLEASE?
I think I get what you are saying. If your bottom tier is 4 layers of cake,3 layers of filling, you would just need a board under your 8" for support, along with dowels of some sort. IMO, the too tier should be the same height as the bottom, undress you're goin for the drastic difference look, but that's just my opinion. HTH.
I've read a thread about this before, the outcome...good ol elbow grease. They said that the regular sifters (metal with one long handle type) are the best, get a bigger one to do more at a time. Sorry! I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear
funny, I'm looking in forums for this same cake! I'll keep an eye on your thread, but if you're doing just the hat, I'm assuming regular support tecniques will be fine. Either sps in between layers, or dowels of your liking. Are you covering in fondant or frosting only?
I made it a couple of times, one time with the soccer ball mold and pyrex for the boobs, but I think I added a10 inch layer under the ball and I think it was about 40...if I'm remembering correctly
I made it a couple of times, one time with the soccer ball mold and pyrex for the boobs, but I think I added a10 inch layer under the ball and I think it was about 40...if I'm remembering correctly
Same as any other cake, it depends on the size pans you use.you can make it as big or small as you want.
I jst bought an ateco tip for this swirl, its bigger than a coupler, but I'm not sure if the exact size.I've done them with no tip, but it wasn't as perfect I didn't think.the seam in the bag.I guess you could turn it though...
There is a cake supply store here in town that sells their apron, they are a very nice material. Very thin and easy to move around in, but very stain resistant. They are not vinyl, nor 100% cotton. Kind of slick, I don't know how to describe them. Anyway, their logo is on them, and I'd like mine, lol, so do any of you use an apron and is it something like this material? If so, where did you buy yours? TIA!