Posts by lastingmoments

definate learning curve with this machine, so far I love it!, but I went in knowing i wasnt going to get perfect results off the jump! I went in with the mind set that i will have to invest a few minutes each day trying to get it right! So far I havent used it for anything specific, and had semi okay cuts with it, but even with the complex designs that it just did "okay" with I was blown away! because I can see that as a time saver for me in the long run!we are military...
OMG!!! i want this pan for crunchy cake corners!!! i know the only crunchy cake corners are overbaked cakes but I LOVE LOVE LOVE crispy cake corners!!! thats why i never have to worry about getting hungry and giving in to will power and eating someone elses cake order because as much as I love cakes........I wont eat them unless they are cripsy and crunchy!
I got hooked on cakes when i was making my daughters 1st birthday cake......the obsession started very innocently....I wanted the biggest best party!! I ordered a carousel and a jumping balloon. I then decided that a grocery cake would not be cute...and it would be funny if she had a large cake on tiers like a wedding cake with each disney princess on it!!! mind you I had never decorated a cake (i still didnt know any better to wait for the cake to cool before I iced it...
wow...........Im inspired! my sister bday is coming up so I will be making something coach for her!
i love to add peanut butter to my chocolate mix....so its like a reeses peanut buttercup! yummy I add 1/2 cup to one mix!!!
i would try either the apricot or a dab or copper!
i have never made grapes but I remeber seeing something either a magazine or a book....a long while ago! And I remember that they werent hard based on what i saw.......from what i remember you get floral wire and make a base stem then add and smaller pieces of wire to for the shape of the grape stems. floral tape should hole it all together. dont forget to make a curled vine for the stem. Roll you fondant into grapes and you have to fold over the tip of the floral wire so...
i would have to say that when I made my pirate cake I found it to be sooo easy and fun!I used a 9x13 3 high and carved the shape out. I then used my cake scraps to add height to the front and back of my ship. I iced it with frosting them cut strips of fondant. But i dont see why it wouldnt be just as easy to use a basket weave tip for the planks or ship exterior. after I had the ship iced I used dowels for my mast and did my accents.....I used luster dust to make cannon...
I bake at 325 until they are ready........varies depending on which kind of cake I am making.....but I always tap the pans on the counter a few times to take out bubbles and level my batter. after I tap I find if i spin them once or twice it also helps making sure my batter is even. Then after they are done baking they come out just perfect. I dont ever have to level or cut I just flip out and ice! if there is a slight rise after they are pulled out that tends to lower to...
LOL I thought my family was the only one. But we figure we're safe using them in Iowa b/c they only cause cancer in CA [/quote] LOL!!!! I see these signs everywhere......he in San Deigo I even see them on car windows....restraunts! I am moving back home next month......So I am glad to see i will be safe in TX!