Posts by pinky73

well naturally I only have one bag of sugar in the pantry and it's an Aldis bag so it's not one of the questionable items mentioned above. Interestingly, all it says is sugar, not much info there, but I've never had trouble with it so I'm not tossing it. Seems that all of us have had trouble with all sorts of brands or conversely, no trouble when others have..I wonder if the way the sugar is stored before it hits the shelves could affect it...maybe the humidity in the...
Thanks TexasSugar, I will take a closer look from now on...and look at my remaining bag of sugar in the pantry...I appreciate your help!
Dee, thanks for the tips about not throwing it out and instead adding some other ingredients, re-whipping, etc. I wish I had thought of that last night instead of filling the garbage bag will the swill I had produced. It has been extremely humid here lately, I live in southwest Missouri and we get heat and humidity during the summers to be sure, I have the ac on but naturally, the kitchen always seems warm to me even if the thermostat at the end of the house reads 73. It...
hi Texasugar,This time I used walmart brand ps...normally I use Aldi's brand or Domino's...Could this be the culprit?
oh dear, this is hysterical. I think I might have to arrange both of those pictures side by side in a two-matted picture frame and hang it proudly, just for the funny factor. I feel your pain and trying to do anything within a nap time frame. Thanks for sharing this story and pics, it's really cute.
LOL! Yes, I thought of that even before I started so I made sure to double everything. That would be just like me to double somethings and not others...LOL But this time I actually had the amounts correct, I just wonder if it was just too much to handle, that my smaller batches are the way to go. Thank you for the thought though, I know what you meant!
Gross. I have always made one batch at a time of regular 1 cup butter, 1 cup shortening, ps, pinch of popcorn salt and flavorings....and never had the gritty or grainy texture problem others have had. I use a standard kitchen aid mixer, the fats are room temp, the ps is various brands, depending on what I happen to have but everything from name brand C&H to Aldis to walmart store brand. Never had a problem. I thought that to save time, I should go ahead and make a double...
Indydebi, Oh yes I agree, I'm the type that wants to get right to the person who can actually help me...I have found more often than not, some people don;t think that way and just try to unload on the first available person, no matter what....ours calls usually go something like this: Caller: Yeah, I got a problem with my water line. Me: alright, I'll get you to the water superintendent. Caller: I have no water pressure. What's the problem? Me: I am not sure, but the water...
Indydebi: I get that dilema on a daily basis, multiple time a day and it's really maddening. I love your idea about asking to transfer the call but unfortunately we are a public entity and I have been instructed to go above and beyond to listen to them, be extra patient, etc. Of course I get the brunt of the nasty, hate filled complaints and have absolutely no power to address the issue, by the time one of the superintendents talks to them, they've calmed down. Even...
thank you to both of you for the responses, makes me feel a bit better that I can do these flowers and butterflies ahead of time. I figured that I needed to do the flames at the time I decorate the rest of the cake so thank for confirming that for me. I am not doing the topsy turvy thing here, just small rounds...that will be enough to handle. LOLAgain, thank you for your insight, I've taken notes!