Posts by pinky73

Oh this is fantastic!! Thank you everyone!! I'm going for the actual cream flavor, sans the chocolate cookie part..and this fits the bill, I do believe!! I have marshmallow flavoring and have not put it to use..I'm excited to give it a try! Thank you for the recipe and I will report back!
I had a request for cookies nad cream cupcakes..dark chocolate cupcakes with a oreo cream flavored swirl on top. Does anyone have a recipe they would be willing to share for a frosting like that? I have my regular buttercream..but it doesn't taste like oreo cream.
Well if that isn't my idea of the most glorious wedding cake, I don't know what is. I haven't gotten into the whole wedding watching thing but I'm a sucker for a pretty girl in a wedding gown.(Did it remind anyone else of Grace Kelly's gown?) Love it. That cake is supurb...I can hardly frost a cupcake but I can still appreciate the incredible talent that produced that work of art. Gorgeous, just gorgeous.
I can't seem to find one..I have been looking online and haven't navigated to the correct places yet I suppose. Anybody have an idea of where I could get this tip? Thank you...
Oh my...I am glad (in a way) that I'm not the only one with this problem. I also have discovered that 100 degree days won't do many favors for a cake hat has to be transported in the trunk of my car...as big and roomy as it is. I shouldn't have sold my minivan and bought the stupid Maxima. LOl I can't imagine the humidity in Florida and Louisianna...you ladies have it much more rough than me. I have a wedding cake to deliver this weekend, it's an outside wedding, it's...
HI,no, I didn't add icing to glue them together and I don't know why I completely omitted that. I am kicking myself because I can not understand why I didn't think about the shifting issue beforehand...I must be losing my mind. Lesson definately learned for next time. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my plight!
I thought I'd be safe with those small tiers, I mean 4 inches isn't big at all. I just had buttercream filling in between the layers and I do have AC, plus I had it going full blast to the floorboards in the car. It is 100 degrees here but it was cool in the house and car. I think it was moving like that because the layers are heavy and were too much for the inertia in the car and really, when I think about it, there was no stability, nothing keeping the tiers attatched to...
Thanks for the reply Leah! You are right, they are not expensive and I really wish I had ordered some before I started this cake..it was a pre-determined disaster. I did not have a dowl all the way through... I literally had 5 straws in the bottom tier, cardboard under the middle tier was resting on those, then the top tier was resting on 3 straws in the middle...why did I think that would NOT move all over???!!! Such ignorance on my part. I still have a lump in my throat...
I feel your frustration and your relief when you got those things to bake without problems! I just delivered a cake today (which was a disater as I watched it slide apart in the car...) but I wanted to add, that two of the tiers were coconut extended DH mix cakes...and I always use parchment paper liner bottoms and have no trouble. I used a regular DH yellow cake mix, replaced one cup of the water with coconut milk, added a tsp of coconut extract, 3/4 cup shredded coconut,...
It was bound to happen, especially since I don't have much experience, and NONE when it comes to delivery. I had a three tiered round birthday cake to do for a co-worker's daughter's 16th b-day, to be delivered by me this afternoon. It was a 5 minute drive that felt like 5 hours, especially since I drove 15 miles an hour at the most and still watched the thing wiggle and shimmy like jello. The tiers were 4", 6" and 8". Buttercream with fondant flames going up the lenght of...