Posts by pinky73

Oh Leslie, I may have to follow you on Pinterest...I have such an addiction to stinkin Pinterest...and am always looking for like minded people to follow! :)
I'm afraid I don't have any sound business advice but I can say, without a doubt, that I would be hurt and steaming mad if my friend did what yours did. I don't blame you a bit for being frustrated and hurt at the same time.  As the other ladies have already said, chances are these other gals will fold, you can only draw attention as the "new place in town" for so long, if they don't have the business sense and a quality product, they won't last...but for now, their...
Hi! I've had that happen to me also...it's as if my gel color has gotten grainy or "old" or a bit dry..and when mixed, there will be tiny specks of undissolved color. It's only happened to me a handful of times but I've usually tossed out the offending jar of color and purchased a new, fresh jar. I have both the Wilton gels and some Americolor gels..both brands, at various times, have gotten clumpy. The last time it happened, I was trying to color some fondant and had...
Thank you Mamasmanna for the update and thank you Dani1081 for the continued info!
I too, have been approached to make cakes for people who get my name from various friends of mine. I have made shower, birthday and wedding cakes occassionally for a few friends over the years, purely as gifts for the party, I am not compensated in any way. With that said, these same well meaning friends give my name out to party attendees who love the cake and want me to make one for their gathering. I CRINGE when I occassionally get those calls, because #1, I made a...
I had the same issue with this recipe as well. I love the flavor of this cake and wanted to be able to use it..but it would fall on me just as your picture shows. I posted a question about it on here at one point. Anyway, I found that reducing the baking soda to 1 teaspoon and lowering the oven to 340 degrees has almost completely fixed the falling issue for me. Much success, Laura
Carmijok, I love your use of the word passel in your original post. I don't know why, but it made me smile..I think I've had to interact with one too many imbeciles today and your comment restored my faith in intelligent people and that they do still exist.
WHOO HOO!!!!! Thank you for the update!!!!
I seem to have a lot of trouble getting the finishing border, which I usuall pipe in buttercream, to be consistent, level and not have a "wavy" look to it when I'm finished. I did a cake for my daughter this weekend and things were going relatively well until I broke the stupid topper..but I used extra fondant flowers in a pinch. I stepped back from the cake to take an overall look and immediately noticed my border piping of a little ruffle with a bead on top was wonky,...
I have to thank you all for transporting me away from a non-descript office in an industrial park, in Missouri, in winter..to pots of white chocolate ganache and Australia..two things that need no improvement in anyway. I should also thank you for all of the really great information on ganache. I have always been scared to attempt it, in any form, thinking that I would ruin a perfectly good cake with some bastardized version of Magic Shell. I think I am actually going to...