Posts by aundrea

i make red velvet cake w/cream cheese frosting all the time.to be safe the cake should be refrigerated especially with the heat we've been having.i dont know if just being in an air condtioned room will be enough.but i also know when i decorate my red velvet cake it can take me hours and its not refrigerated during that time. although i will put in fridge half way through decorating just to firm up again.its a tough call, im sure others will have more concrete advice to...
first (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) to you. we've or atleast i can say ive been where you are many times.second....YOU ARE a decorator. i peeked at your cakes and you do great work.i wouldnt give up on your cakes. you had an unfortunate 'accident' not caused by you not being a decorator.thankfully your friend is very understanding.i know the frustration you are feeling, and the worse is buying some pre-package, pre-frozen, generic decorated cake when you spend so much...
good evening!im working on 3 birthday cakes for sunday. im baking and crumb coating tonight. so they have time to settle during the day tomorrow so i can decorate.still playing around with new 'cake toys' i got so i keep changing the actual designs.its been hot here too in connecticut-so thats playing into what im making.not sure about using alot of fondant for decorations not too experienced with it to know how it holds up to the heat/humidity.scared to see my light bill...
wow!!! my new addiction: stencling and airbrushing.so much fun. and so darn easy, why i havent done it until now wooo hooo!!
i googled icing smiles and emailed them. im not sure if i can do what they are looking for, but maybe i can help in another way. thanks for sharing. would love to see a pic of your cake when done.
your cake sounds lovely. and im sure she will love it.what is icing smiles? never heard of it.
does anyone know if you can put 'dust' into an airbrush?if so do you add vodka with it?
dont forget to share your pic. i love seeing everyone cakes.im strange like that........i even enjoy seeing people vacation pictures.best of luck to you
so i got some new cake toys some from micheals and from a recent cake show.havent really had time to play around til now.thought i would give my opinion so far:the baby mold is amazing! also tried the baby and young child face mold soooo easy.also tried using a silicon bead mold...my pearls came out great!still want to try my isomalt, first time ever using isomalt. i got a few jewel molds.also will try my new stencil sheets-just finishing a batch of RI for that.duffs sugar...
kitagirl- i can relate to the shoulder problem.i had rotator cuff surgery last year. its taken me a full year to feel some relief. still get cortizone shots. going again this month.i let my shoulder pain go for too long. and now...ugh....my left shoulder is acting up. hope you get it checked out-best of luck to you