Posts by aundrea

good evening......ooops morning.i have my sisters surprise 40th birthday party tomorrow (today)ive been baking all day. im finally starting the cakes.both are too hmmmm not to be mentioned here....hehe.today i made...pumpkin w/white choc chip cookies, triple chocolate gnache brownies, fudge, banana bread, cranberry bread, vegan brownies, maple butter, pumpkin spiced cream cheese, more not to be mentioned here candies, s'more ice cream sandwiches....let me check my...
ive been asked to make the cake at an upcoming AA/alanon graudation ceremony.i have no idea where to start with a design. i have looked here but it seems everytime i put in the code names .... random cakes show up.i do want to incorporate part of the serenity prayer.im stuck .... any help would be greatly appreciated.or if you have seen cakes would love to see a pic or have a link.TIA
ive made a few castle cakes you can check my photos to see them.the easiest way for me was to use the wilton castle set.ive never done the ice cream cones before.to get the brick effect i used an impression mat.you could use the mat on either fondant or buttercream. if using on buttercream just make sure it crusts well.HTH
anyone else on complete melt down like me! i should be sleeping tonight but instead im re-doing 3 cakes for tomorrow because of the hot weather we are experiencing!!!i have the air conditioner going but its not helping. other than me sitting with my refrigerator open to decorate im at my wits end!!my frosting which i never have a problem with wont crust - ive had major blow outs with my fillings and my fondant is still goey.just had to vent because im soooo exhausted!
IMO i think thats what makes it a true red velvet cake in the desnity.my vanilla(s) chocolate(s) etc cakes are light and fluffy. but people who ask for red velvet from me know they are getting a denser cake.i dont know the science of why mine are they just are.which is why i have to soooo careful when i bake to make sure not to over cook them.i tend to overfill my cakes anyways because i know im leveling off the top so even if the middle top isnt fully cooked it will be...
this is random i know.....but one of the cakes im making this weekend will be a heart shaped cake with a thong on it. (its for my daughters boyfriend)when i post the picture of it should it go under the 'naughty' (or whatever its called) area or can i post it under birthday cakes.i wouldnt consider it naughty as there will be no private parts exposed.ive never made a cake like this before so i dont want to offend if i post in the wrong area.TIA
i make red velvet cake all the time. its my most requested cake.it varies depending what part of the country you are from.before i started making it-people here thought it was a dense chocolate cake colored red.i find some people like it and others have heard horror stories about it then once they try it (well mine anyways) they like it.its a very dense cake, that has very little cocoa in it. i use 2tbs only.the unique flavor comes from the combo of vinager and...
@leah_s - do you ever take a vacation? haha.every time im here for friday nite club whether im making a cake or not, you have so many cakes.i dont know how you do it and make it sounds so smooth.kudos to you!
no cash - means- no cake. its that simple. i would tell her either by email or phone that she didnt make the deadlines for payment and unfortunately you will not be making her cake.believe me if she wanted the cake she would have met all your deadlines.it never ceases to amaze me how people can think they can control your business.can you imagine going into walmart or any other store and tell them what you want to pay and when you want to pay it.its unheard of-the same...