Posts by aundrea

thanks. i will try the costco brand. i like that it doesnt list cornstarch in the ingredients. and i dont think ive tried the target brand. so glad i posted this-its very imformative to me.
i checked the ingredients on both the sams (bakers chef) and dominos. both say sugar and cornstarch. but no exact amounts.the only difference on packaging is that dominos says on the front 'pure cane sugar' where bakers chef does not. today at my grandaughters party-we got into a very intense discussion about this.after i explained what had and has been happening. some people agreed that there is a definate difference between store brands and ones that are marked pure...
thanks for also mentioning the grey tone to the frosting. i noticed that too.i have aldi near me, i may experiment with it. figuring out the problem with my buttercream was just the 'icing on the cake' haha - with all the problems i was having. so around 1am it went into the trash.after tasting the difference there was no way i could serve it.does anyone know where i can buy pure sugar cane 10x PS in bulk?i would hate to order online because the shipping would be massive.
i agree its probably what has been said. store brands are not pure cane sugar and there def seems like added cornstarch because of the taste and texture.ive given up on the cake. its been nothing but problems since yesterday. which isnt all due to the sugar issue.the cake was for my grandaughter birthday tomorrow. but her party isnt for 2 weeks. which i now know ill be better prepared.we are having a small lunch tomorrow and i was surprising her with a monster high cake.i...
so thats what it is?? *whacking myself on the head!its pure sugar cane?i was in no way advocating dominos only using the comparison for what i knew.thank-you for enlightening me.
DA me!!! who knew there is such a difference in powdered sugar. ugh!!! ive always used indebyi bc receipe. and never ever had a problem.lately, to save money especially during the holiday baking season i started buying powederd sugar from sams club in bulk. 7pds for about $6.00 a bag i think the brand is bakers chef. much better price then getting dominos at grocery store for $3.00 a 2pd bag.each time i made BC or RI it was never coming out right. but i thought it was...
ive used it quite a bit. espcially when i need black. its very expensive but with the joannes/micheals 40% coupons its not too badit does IMO taste better than wilton. i use wilton only to cover my boards or decorations. never to cover a cake.i read somewhere ??maybe here?? that duff is a form of stain ice or maybe from the same company. i also noticed that wilton is def easier to roll out than duffs. duffs is very hard even when i soften it.i like using duff because it...
did you find where the odor was coming from?i was up late last night doing fondant work-and we have a family of skunks in the neighborhood im used to them spraying around.well last night-honestly it smelt like they were downstairs in my house! wowowowow!! it was the worst ive ever smelled.i even went looking to see if somehow they got into the house.anyways.....ive never had good luck with ina receipes. i dont know why?? i follow the ingredients and instructions but...
hello,thanks for the link i will try it. i think it might be the one linked from CC homepage which for some reason i cant get to load.i was trying to make the edible image myself doing the same thing you said. but i cant paint faces.the store where i get all my edible photo images done will not print anything for me that is copyrighted. which i understand.so i usually make them myself or use a royal icing transfer.so im kinda stuck in this-what the heck am i doing with...
im making a suprise birthday cake for my grandaughter saturday. i say suprise because its her actual birthday, but her party isnt until the end of the month and she already picked out her cake theme (its going to be a wicked/wizard of oz theme cake)anyways, shes just getting into monster high. ive never seen it? dont even know what the heck it is, other than the latest fad.luckily i saw the post for monster high cakes on the home page here.but when i click the link to go...