Posts by aundrea

hello,i will be making a cake this weekend. the cake will be half sheet vanilla with fresh strawberries and peaches between the layer. and vanilla bc.i dont like fruit with my cake so im not a fan of fresh fruit in cake.(im making this for a friend of my daughter)what is the best way to keep the cake from getting soggy from the fresh fruit.i will use a firm damn and seal it well so im not too worried about leakage or blowout (keeping my fingers crossed!)the cake will be...
thanks! i was thinking the same thing. up until this past weekend i havent had any problems either.
im probably posting in wrong forum.but, i bought duff's airbrush system a few months ago. ive used it 3 or 4 times and i really liked it.went to use it this past weekend, and its broken. im so MAD!!! the little knob that you use to control the spray is kinda hanging there.i kept it packed perfectly so it wasnt the way it was kept.i called micheals to see if i can return it, but its been over 90 days and there is nothing they can do.this wasnt cheap. i had the airbrush...
im still plugging along. didnt realize how much i still had to do. definately let me know when you post a picture i would love to see it.if you are going to harden the black background with candy melts you can put a stick or dowel in it to harden then stick in cake to make the topper stand up.i agree the monster high logo is very tricky. the lines are so small.wierd thing is-when i doing the MH cake, that was probably the only thing that came out ok.did you get some...
forgot to say that 2 weeks ago, i tried making my grandaughter a monster high cake for her actual birthday-and it was horrible! (def not trying to jinx you)so i had no choice to buy a store (yuk) cake. first time since ive been caking that my family ate store bought cake.i would love to see your completed cake. i am determined to give it another shot. once i have some free time.
im not to sure, but im thinking the green might be avocado. maybe mixed with another color of green?? for the deep pink. possible a pink pastel with a hotter pink mixed together.did you try to ask the person who made the cake?im using avocado now-from americolors thats why im thinking it might be in that family of green.HTH-but prob not
we must be on the same time zone haha. im in connecticut.i stil have alot to do. so far no big mis-haps just so tired from pulling an all nighter last night (or thursday night)and im helping my daughter with the birthday party. they are going bowling.i can wait to sleep tonight.i would LOVE to be able to catch a few hours of sleep now, but im a slow caker and dont trust i would be done by the party.anyways, if your're gonna stay up-check in and let me know how your...
good evening...well actually its morning here.im working on my grandaughters 5th birthday cake. yup its an all nighter for me again.the theme to this cake has changed so many times that im trying now to piece together for tomorrow.originally it was to be a wicked theme cake.then switched to just elpheba ?sp.now its wicked witch, glinda and dorothy from wizard of oz.lord give me strength!!make the cookies last night to go with goody bags and the cake.that was an all...
hello,im here....working on a cake for my daughters 25th birthday tomorrow...oops i mean today.so far behind on this cake.her favorite band is hanson. (yes those mmmmbop boys) so im attempting to make them in figures.i got the instruments just about done. but im horrible at figures so i dont know how far im going on this cake.the cake itself is her favorite, redvelvet w/cc.wish me luck. this has been a hetic week for me that im just really now concentrating on this cake.
hi im sorry this is happening to you.how much butter did you use? a couple of other options:can you make your daughters class cupcakes with the shortening receipe you are used to and make a cupcake for her teacher with powdered sugar on it. or maybe some melted chocolate?or do you have cream cheese at home and make all the cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting.i know late cake emergencies are horrible.i hope you can salvage your buttercream or have ingredients to make...