Posts by aundrea

i agree with traveling over an hour i would assemble them when i arrived at the house. with extras just incase of breakage.
i say GO FOR IT! everyone needs to start somewhere and this is for your daughter so it will be made out of love.you will learn alot as you go along and take thatknowledge with you on your next cake.dont be scared on fondant. it will be your best friend tohelp cover mis-haps.sounds like you are on the right path.good luck and would love see your finshed cake.
i know what you mean. i use them all the time. i just saw where you are from. how is the weather there? our summer is winding down now. its getting darker earlier and school will be starting in 3 weeks.one of the things i love about CC is talking to people from all over the world.
it seems to be only happening here. oh well lets hope it stops!!chellescakes i saw your link your cakes are amazing! and sound delicous too. im sure your neice loved it.thanks for sharing.im still putting along. trying to figure out a good support system for the cake. my daughter will be bringing the cake to the party.ive never had anyone deliver my cakes except for me. so im alittle worried about it traveling.funny how i (we?) obsessed over my cakes. i spend so much...
thanks everyone for your suggestions tips and help.maybe after this cake i will do more cakes with fruit. hmmmm so....is anyone else having a problem typing in the forums?im really hoping its not my laptop.its driving me crazy!!!
ugh............another question: do i peel the peaches? i honestly dont know!! i know to have all fruit uniform in size to help leveling the cake.but im not sure if i peel the skin from the peaches.and off topic....but it anyone else having a problem typing here at CC?my computer keeps scrolling down to the bottom while im typing or my cutrser goes into a random sentenced ive already typed.i hope its a problem here at CC and not my laptop......
im wondering.....should i fill the cake tonight or tomorrow?im used to crumbcoating my cakes the night before i decorate. but since this is fresh fruit is the longer i wait better?i cake needs to be done by tomorrow night for a sunday party.my plan was to fill and crumbcoat tonight, decorate tomorrow.my cakes are cooled now just waiting for me to decide what to do? i dont know how much settling time a fresh fruit cake needsthanks again!
i agree its a great start.i didnt see a photo gallery. and i personally dont like the word "pans" that are available. in reference to describing what kind of cakes you make.also, you have pics of wilton pans but not a picture of the cake that you make.and just wondering if the cakes on top part, i believe its wedding cakes are your cakes? if they are-you should definately highlight those, because very well done.i honestly didnt look much into the website. because the...
good evening everyone,im working on a cake for a friend of my daughter.im struggling with the fillings. she wants fresh strawberries and peaches.its a vanilla cake with vanilla bc.im personally not a fan of any fruit with my cake. so i dont usually make this type of cake.im most worried about the fruit becoming soggy and making the cake nastynow i learned from a previous post/answer that i need to prevent the peaches from turning brown.the cake design it self is simple....
thank you for your help. unfortunately my internet was down and im just now getting your suggestions. i dont have a vitamin c tablet and have no idea what fruitfresh is.since its late here.........and i need to get these stacked so they can settle to decorate tomorrow.any other suggestions?????honestly i never thought of the peaches turning brown. i was more worried about the fruit becoming soggy into the cake.so now i have another issue to tackle.i guess i stand alone on...