Posts by cakeladydi

HELP!!!!! No one has any ideas? I have to get this done today. Any ideas? Anything? Hello!Diane
Hollyanna,Your grooms cake look great! I like the way you did the letters. Cassi that is probably more what you want yours to look like. And with white choc I think it will look pretty. Just do like Hollyanna said and make the middle initial a little bit larger than the other two.Good luck.Diane
I never have tried either of these cakes. I use DH devils food and add some things to come out with a really moist cake. I'd be glad to share. But if not maybe this will put you out there again for some one that can help you.Diane
I have a grooms cake for this Sat. It will be choc cake with Choc buttercream with Mosaic pattern on the sides done with milk choc (I will spread it out very thin, let it harden and break into pieces and place on the sides of tiers. My question is how do I adhere the choc pieces to the buttercream? I was thinking about thinning some corn syrup with water and lightly brushing choc pieces before placing on the cake? Think that will work? I am open for any and all...
I am using a 6" letter on a 12" round two layer. Since yours is and 8" I don't think you are going to be able to go very big. I think I would try to do 3 seperate letters and just place them the way I wanted them to be on the cake and not try to to do one big monogram with all three letters sort of intwined. I hope I am understanding what you are trying to do. You also might just try to find letters already made on the internet. diane
I forgot to add that you can also go to Microsoft Work and pick a font and size that you like and trace it. Diane
I am actually doing a choc monogram for a grooms cake for this Sat. I picked up a wooden "T" (for the grooms last name) at wal-mart because I liked the type style. I will trace the outline on parchment paper then I will trace that outline with milk choc in a parchment bag with probably a #3 tip. Let that set and trace on top of that again to build it up. When I get to the desired thickness I will begin to flood with choc. I let that harden completely then I remove...
I made this at the bride's request for her bridal shower:1 box lemon supreme cake mis1 pkg. lime jello1/2 cup orange juice1 1/2 cup veg oil5 eggsBeat 2-3 minutes and bake 25 min at 350. While the cake is in the pans, mix 4T confect sugar and 1/2 cup key lime juice and pour onto the layers.I usually freeze my cakes right out of the oven but I didn't with these.They were a little different. and you have to be careful filling the pans. I had problems with them cooking overI...
I made this at the bride's request for her bridal shower:1 box lemon supreme cake mis1 pkg. lime jello1/2 cup orange juice1 1/2 cup veg oil5 eggsBeat 2-3 minutes and bake 25 min at 350. While the cake is in the pans, mix 4T confect sugar and 1/2 cup key lime juice and pour onto the layers.I usually freeze my cakes right out of the oven but I didn't with these.They were a little different. and you have to be careful filling the pans. I had problems with them cooking overI...
I made "cheftaz" ganache a couple of weeks ago for the first time. It was a groom's cake. Chocolate devil's food with peanut butter icing with ganache drizzling down the sides. It turned out just like the pic the bride brought me out of a magazine. I used a parchment bag and #12 tip to make it look like drizzles. I wish I knew how to download my pics. I am gonna have to get my DH to help me do it.Don't be nervous about it. It is really easy to work with.Good luck.Diane