Posts by cakeladydi

The cake drum is the base that the bottom tier or a cake is placed on. It us usually 2 or 3 pieces of cardboard taped or glued together then covered with paper. Wilton also sells cake drums. I have seen 16" rounds all the way down in size. They come two to a pack. I just picked up some at MichaelsHope this helps.Diane
I don't really have any suggestions for prices. I usually undercharge. In my area most people just don't want to pay. I usually charge 1.75 per serving.But what I wanted to say was I love your cake and I love that you call your little girl "Chunky". I know she is probably just precious. I have a 6 mo. old grandson and he is already over 20 lbs. That name would apply to him too.Good luck with your cake.Diane
I don't really have any suggestions for prices. I usually undercharge. In my area most people just don't want to pay. I usually charge 1.75 per serving.But what I wanted to say was I love your cake and I love that you call your little girl "Chunky". I know she is probably just precious. I have a 6 mo. old grandson and he is already over 20 lbs. That name would apply to him too.Good luck with your cake.Diane
I did a wedding cake yesterday with ribbon around the bottom of all 4 tiers. My plan was to cover the back of the ribbon with clear contact paper because I have done this before and it worked great. However about 2am I realized my ribbon was too wide and I needed to cut it in half. Not really a problem but the ribbon frayed pretty bad and when I would stick the contact paper and try to pull it off again to straighten or adjust it would make a mess. I was really tired...
mccakes:so did you pour the choc on wax paper then put another sheet of wax paper on top of that?
Are you talking about an already decorated cake or just the baked layers?You can do a search on freezing cakes. That is what I do with all my baked layers. Works great!Good Luck,Diane
What size are your tiers?
Probably a dumb question: What is RCT?
I'm sort of making choc tiles, only mine will be more mosaic (different shapes and sizes). ARe your tiles going to be more uniform in shape and size? I am going to spread the choc very thin. I bought the large fondant roller and the guide rings to adjust the thickness and I am planning on just pulling over the choc to spread it out. I'm not sure if I will cut the pieces or try to break into the shapes I need.Good luck and re-post to let me know how you did.Diane
Thank ya'll so much for the help. I didn't think about royal icing or piping gel. At least now I have a back up plan.Jen1977 I did think about doing it before the icing crusts but I think it may take me awhile to place the pieces on the sides (kinda like a puzzle it will be odd size pieces and shapes) and I'm afraid the sides won't be tacky enough to hold.Thank ya'll so much. mgdqueen: Yeah it is gonna be a tough day. This is my baby going away to college. But she...