Posts by cakeladydi

Faye,I just did this same cake in Nov. for my sons wedding. His fiance (now wife) picked it out as soon as they were engaged and I didn't think I would like it. I didn't particularly care for the ball seperators. We didn't use them under the bottom layer. It turned out to be one of the prettiest cakes I think I have done. It was buttercream with the dotted swiss look and fresh flowers. Her colors were different shades of pink with white. I would post a pic but I...
Mine is pretty simple too. My name is Diane and during the Prince Charles and Diana era a friend always called me LadyDi. And I like to make cakes. Thus cakeladydi. For all you girls approaching 30 it is a little scary. For me it was worse than 40. But you make it through. I did and now I am pushing 50 about as hard as you can (the end of Jan). I've heard 50 is the new 30 (at least that is what my hubby says). We were married 30 years this past November (high...
My daughter was married in May 2005 and I did her cake. We had a big wedding with a huge tent in our yard. I baked the cakes mid-week and froze them. I know some people don't like to do this but I think it makes them more moist and easier to decorate. She wanted me to use the Wilton Garden Cake Stand (which I already had) so it was really pretty easy. Her cake was all smoothed buttercream so all I had to do was trim it out and slip each layer on the stand. My florist...