Posts by cakeladydi

Cinderina, Thanks. I had the wonder mold on an 8" round. Still had to do some tweaking. I'm usually not one to "carve" cakes but I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out.
Oops! I think I used the Wondermold instead of the sports ball pan. Sorry!Diane
For my Mario cake I used 2 stacked 5" rounds for the stem and had them on a board, and for the mushroom part I used half of the Wilton ball pan on top of an 8" round and carved it to look mushroomy and had it on its own board also. The completed mushroom sat on top of a 12" round two layer. I had dowels in the 12" where the stem part was going to sit and and I had dowels in the stem part to support the rounded top part. When I delivered it to the party it was all...
sugar wishes & chilz822:thanks to both of you. I learnes 2 new things today. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.thanks again,diane
the cake that is the avatar for "Childrens Birthday Cakes" on the Gallery page? I would really like to see a larger picture and have been all the way through page 80 looking for it.Any help would be greatly appreciated.TIA!Diane
Forgot to add: this is my family's favorite. They would rather have this instead of a decorated birthday cake. I like it because it is so easy to make. Hope you like it.
MawMaw's Marvelous Lemon Pound Cake:Cake:2 sticks butter - room temp 3 cups plain flour 3 cups sugar 1/2 tsp. baking powder5 eggs 1 cup milk 2 Tbsp. pure lemon extractGlaze:1 cup powdered sugar2 Tbsp. lemon juice2 Tbsp. milkFor the cake: Cream the butter and sugar beating very well. Add eggs 1 at a...
Thank ya'll so much for your help. I'm gonna have to think about this one.Thanks again.Diane
Most of my cakes are either picked up by the customers or my delivery area for cakes I have to set up is pretty local. I live in the country about 15 miles from the largest city so I am used to having to hit the interstate to shop, go out to eat, buy groceries, deliver cakes, etc. I don't charge for delivering and setting up wedding cakes. However I have a bride coming tonight for a consult. She called me about a week ago and is getting married Jan. 17. The wedding is...
I have used the Wilton plates with the hidden pillar supports. Very stable. Never had a problem. I don't know anything about SPS but from what I've seen it looks like they work in about the same way. In fact after a near disaster using wooden dowels when my DH was with me setting up one time HE PREFERS that I use plates with hidden pillars.