Posts by LeanneW

i know it would be hard for you to get there and then have to take your cake back if they don't pay but be sure you stick to your guns.They likely will pay you but incase they don't you have to show them you mean business. If they offer to pay in advance be sure you say yes.it has been said so many times on this site and will be said many times more...no money = no cake
I just did a cake last weekend that was IMBC with pink satin bow pinned on. I used double sided tape to stick on the waxed paper but I was considering spraying the entire ribbon and bow with Pam just to be sure the grease soak was even and not spotty as the whole ribbon and bow would not be touching the cake.I placed the tape on the ribbon, then placed the waxed paper on top and trimmed to the size of the ribbon.If you are going to iron it here are 3 tips-be sure it's not...
wow, this site sells them for $4.00 each in the bags and with a tag.http://www.dianescakesandmore.com/monogram-cookies-cakes.htmlThat would be $1260.00 I'd say that is a gift if I ever saw one. Don't forget about S&H too. You are very generous.
I'm not sure if you have used IMBC before but it is a dream to work with.recently I made IMBC and subbed honey for the sugar syrup... my next experiment was going to be with maple syrup.This is how I was going to do it.whip 1/2 c egg whites with 1/4 cup granulated sugar with whisk attachment until stiff peaks.while this is happening heat on stove top until 240 degrees 1 cup of pure maple syrup (not the pancake syrup type, the real stuff)pour 240 degree syrup over egg white...
Seriously... bridal show! thats a great place to spend your mktg $$$$glad you came to a conclusion and it sounds like you know where your target market is.
one thing to consider is that a hooby you enjoy may be less enjoyable when you bear the burden of proving for your family with the revenue from your new business.I am sure you can find many many post on here of tough situations that business owners have faced by not being fully prepared for all the ins and outs of selling cakes.a business plan is a great place to start, if you can't figure out how to pay the bills with cake decorating on paper then it will be really tough...
Melissa, on another note CONGRATS! they chose the best in town for thier wedding and you were who they chose for thier cake.That is awesome, good for you and your business. You can hold your head high and know you are an elite cake maker.
sorry didn't read all the posts... but... I have considered this type of advertising too.The one thing you will need to do is have a "call to action" what should they do after they see the ad? go to your website, call you?I have considered having a contest... "enter to win a $500.00 wedding cake" that way you can measure the response by how many entries you get and the people will actually do something rather than just see your ad and forget about it.The downside is of...
hmmm,i googled no bake choc chip cookie and i got this recipe for pie that uses choc chip cookies soaked in milk.http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:No-Bake_Chocolate_Chip_Cookie_Pie
I love CC. You guys are so smart. I would hate to think of all the money I would waste and time I would have to spend figuring these things out on my own. Thank you to everyone who contributes positively to CC.