Posts by majormichel

Thanks for the update, but I already have a website.
What size is your bakery? I am researching the sq ft I need to start the business. I was thikinking about 600 sf (about 12 x 50 ft). I do not want a storefront but need to convert a space. All I want is a kitchen for me to work in a area to see clients and do paper work.Tell me about the size of your space and how it is set up. Need to generate some ideas,
Looking for advertising ideas. So far I have .......1) Attend a bridal trade show2) Word of mouth3) Discount for referralsPlease add to the list. Tell me how you went about advertising.
Thanks for ideas, will definitely use them.
I will be attending a bridal show in a few weeks and would appreicate any ideas or suggestions you may have from your past experiences. I will have a corner booth with two walls . It will be held for two days (Saturday and Sunday). Here are my ideas.......One table will have a large cupcake stand displaying each of my cake flavors on each tier (i.e tier 1 french vanilla, tier 2 chocolate etc.) A banner will be displayed on the back wall4 cakes will be displayed on a 10 x...
I am getting back into the business and decided to focus on wedding cakes rather than birthday cakes. I agree the birthday cakes brings in steady income, but the wedding cakes have a higher profit margin.Just a thought for you to scale back a bit.
I am doing away with buttercream icing. I just don't like it and have decided to use the ganache under my fondant cakes. I noticed a few CC'ers make their own ganache and was wondering have anyone purchased ganache filing to iced their cakes rather than making the ganache as it can be trickly.Any thoughts?
Interesting responses.vtcake - If I wanted to live a safe and dreamless life, I would follow normal guideline of playing it safe and sticking to the budget. As we are all aware, there is a time and place for everything.Of course going against the odds does not always make sense. Well, for some but not all. I am not one to wait for things to happen in my life but rather I make things happen. Not everyone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth.Let's take Donald Trump...
Thank you so much for your commentsPearl645 - I read Rich Dad a few years back and was very intrigued. I guess I need to read it again. As an accountant I am very frutal on spending money. Well like you said "good debt" will bring money back to me. I started a business plan but nevery completed it, that was a long time ago. I need to revisit that to.I like to read inspiration stories how businesses got started. I recall the founders of the big Pretzel business started...
To make a long story short, I recolated to another Province 5 months ago and cannot find a full time job. I am an Accountant. I had several interviews but they want me to use half of my brain to perform as an accounts receivable clerk and bookkeeper. Well, a professional accountant just dont do AR. Moving right along, so I have no job and no financial obligations. I need some sort of income to take care of my kids, so I decided to charge up the credit card and line of...