Posts by majormichel

Heres the linkhttp://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-365233.html
I am enjoying this thread.
Do you just crave the styrofoam with a knife to make the edge round, I guess. Cake for thought. Thank you Miriel
I LOVED the knowledge I have gain thus far. And the people who are so dedicated and love baking. This is my favorite site. I sometime feel guilty being on this site for so long and my kids are doing their own thing.
How thick is the styrofoam?
How do you flavor fondant? Do you use the liquid extract almond, vanilla, etc. Will it mess up the the texture?
Beautiful cake. I would say charge $350. It is a elegant cake.
I guess the sugar will preserve the strawberry for a day or 2 to keep out the fridge. Something to think about??
I tried this and it came out great. Alot of strawberry flavor. Its worth a try.2 cups 10X powdered sugar1 (3oz) strawberry flavored gelatin1 cup butter4 eggs2 3/4 cups cake flour2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder1 cup milk1 tablespoon vanilla1/2 cup strawberry puree made from frozen sweetened strawberriesPreheat over to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9 inch pan. In large bowl cream together butter, sugar and strawberry gelatin until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time mixing...
I am a cake decorated who has been very lazy over the years not improving my skills. I have taken the Wilton Cake Decorating course in May 2005 and have not done a whole lot of cakes. I have a lot of potential and a lot of ideas. I get discourage sometimes because I don't have all the tools I need to complete a cake. But, being on the forum and reading about all the nice substitue tools you can use for cake projects was very encouraging and I have learnt alot from that....