Posts by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Is this still active (HB0016)? I have been unable to find out anything online and apparently the next session isn't until 2010. Does anyone know the status of this bill?
Okay, here's the latest:Firstly, we're up to 714 signatures on the petition. This is good, but not great. We need more, especially now!!Next: Stephanie e-mailed Senator Karrow's office and she replied that they're awaiting a call from Asm. Russo's office, but no matter what (even though Sen. Karrow lost in the primaries, unfortunately), she'll be introducing a bill on June 11th in Senate!!I also have a couple of calls in to find out exactly who is supporting this, out of...
Okay, freakgirl, that's either going to help us a lot or hurt us. lol I was sort of hoping to try to avoid being noticed by anyone of the Departments of Health, so that they have less time to try to oppose us, but I know from one of my recent phone conversations with Asm. Russo's office that a lobbyist AGAINST us has already contacted them for information. So right now I know "our presence" is already known to at least some of the Health Dept's out there in NJ. The good...
Okay, give yourselves a big round of applause - we're past 650 signatures on our petition! Now we're so close to our 1,000 mark, we really have to keep pushing! I've noticed that we're only getting abround 5-10 signatures per day on average; we need to step this up! Please, if you haven't already, start letting people know about this. They have to sign it and also spread the word.I'd really like to get this petition to Senator Karrow's and Asm. Russo's offices. ...
Thanks, MissChris! Don't forget to sign the petition and write/e-mail your legislators. Also, let everyone you know, that lives in NJ, sign the petition, too!!http://www.petitiononline.com/NJHBL/petition.html
Amazing! I, unfortunately, couldn't find a feed to see what was happening, but I was glued right here to CC and couldn't believe what I was reading. After seeing this snippet......well, I just can't believe that half of those buffoons had absolutely no clue as to what was going on around them. Yes, I realize that they were working a long shift (makes up for all their 'down-time'), but they should still know their elbows from their a$$es! If a picture says 1,000 words...
My condolences, Ladies. You fought a good fight and will again. It's such a shame that elected officials can behave this way when they have such an important job to do. If I did that, back when I was still working - and I was a secretary/receptionist - I would have been fired for sure. Can't believe they get away with not doing their jobs! I feel for all of you!
They're going down this list...in order?!
Buttercream Dream (a recipe submitted by AgentBaker) is pretty good. I get a lot of compliments on it. It's my standard 'go to' recipe for American BC.
Okay, had to interject here since this sounds like a NJ discussion.If you haven't, please sign the petition to support the legalization of home bakeries in NJ.http://www.petitiononline.com/NJHBL/petition.html You can also Google NJ Home Bakers Law, and voila, there we are. Also, if interested in the NJ Cake Decorator's Cake Club, you can join at meetup.com.HTH (I realize it's not the BC recipe, but ...........)