Posts by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Sorry about that, Sugarandstuff, but glad you got it and I'm thrilled that you're sending out your letters. Thanks so much!! If you have any friends or relatives that wouldn't mind sending out letters of support that would help too.Remember the more the Legislators hear about this and see the number of people that support this, the more they'll be in favor of it too. After all they represent us!
Don't forget, if you don't have time right now to sit, type and print out some letters to sign and mail (the best way - they're generally taken more seriously since they show more time and thought was spent), while the 'iron is hot' and others are sending in letters, a few lines in an e-mail or on a post card showing that you support NJ passing a Cottage Food Law will still help. If you can do this in the meantime, please do.Don't forget though, to send in the letters...
Okay, so here's the latest - I already received my first response in today's mail and it sounds positive! It came from an Assemblywoman in my own district (probably the reason it made it here so quickly). Here's what the letter said:Dear Ms. DeStefano,Thank you for contacting my office regarding your support of reducing restrictions on consumers' ability to sell home-baked goods. I appreciate hearing your veiws regarding a Cottage Foods Law and the positive impact that...
I just wanted to let you all know that I got the 'major mailing' out yesterday. Here's the breakdown of my expenses for this endeavor. For anyone who's able to contribute, thanks very much (Kim has graciously added a section to her blog/website where visitors can donate to our efforts to offset the cost of this mailing; her website can be found here: http://www.pieceofcakedecorating.com/2011/01/nj-home-bakers-law-aka-cottage-food-law.html. Thanks to you, too, Kim). ...
Hi, Fellow New Jerseyians.Here's a letter you can use to write to our Senators and Assemblypeople (if you need to find out the names of those for your district, or even state-wide, please go here: [url] http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/roster.asp[/url]).To the Honorable __________:As a resident of the State of New Jersey I am aware that in June of 2009 a bill entitled 'S2908 Permits sale of home-baked goods under certain circumstances' was introduced to the New Jersey...
Please see this post for the latest update (before you get too excited, it's not much of anything, but it is the most recent information to date - Jan. 2011) - http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-7031263-.html#7031263.Thanks.-Grace
To the Cake Central Media Corp (I'm assuming that includes Jackie and Heath), thank you so much for the wonderful surprise I received in my mailbox today! How sweet! I received the Cake Central holiday ornament. What a pleasant experience during this holiday season (especially since I got the mail on my way in the house after getting home from church). Thank you so much again!!
I am in the midst of making an IMBC recipe and I'm having a problem. Firstly, when I was adding the syrup to my egg whites, the syrup started to cool on me and crystallize, so I stopped adding it. I then went on with the recipe (which calls for 2 - 2.5 pounds of butter). After having added almost two pounds, it's not showing any signs of coming together.Should I make more syrup and add it now? Should I just add the full 2.5 pounds of butter? Help, this cake is giving...
verono, I'm curious, when you let them set up for the 18 hour spans of time, do you just leave them out? Do you refrigerate them?I'm making cookies as favors for a party and I wanted to try to do them in advance (maybe just do the cookies and then freeze them for two weeks), as I'm also making the cake. I was going to cover these sugar cookies in fondant and 2/3 of them are going to get an edible image while 1/3 of them are going to be written upon (names and date). I'm...
Thank you, both. Hopefully we'll get our 1,000 signatures soon.