Posts by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Thanks for signing the petition! Right now the most important thing to do is write or e-mail your Legislators and let them know you want to see a Cottage Food Bill. If you'd like to use the letter that's sampled here for either 2009 or 2011, great. Or you can write your own. We really have to make our Legislators aware of how important this is to SO many people. The more people, the better!
That is so great! Thanks, Patty.As for the mistake in the address; yes, I found out about that, but it was too late to edit my post. Thankfully most people are realizing the error and are able to 'work' around it and get to the site. (Let's just say that I was out of practice posting when I did that and that all my years away from an office have left my secretary skills a bit ....lacking.)Again, thanks for sending the letters and I'll let you and everyone know to whom...
Thanks so much, amyruth219! We appreciate the support and wish you the same in return. It's an exciting time now seeing that TX, CA, and FL are also fighting this battle, along with us. As you said, "here's to us all winning the battle this year!!"
Correcting an error.I don't remember where I wrote it, but I mistakingly stated that District 14 only has a Senator and one Assemblyperson. I was SO wrong and I apologize if I caused any confusion. District 14 has two Assemblypeople like every other district. Sorry for that.
Okay, just heard word (via e-mail) from Senator Bateman's office. He's planning on reintroducing S2908! This is very exciting! It's quick which makes me believe he's really supporting us. Once it's introduced in Senate it'll get a new number and be given to a committee. That's the time we really have to act and make noise. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime I'm going to start making calls to the Assemblypeople and try to get one or more to sponsor a bill in the...
Any signature added to the petition is good, but might not be brought to the attention of the Legislators for quite a while. We have to see about that. In the meantime, please don't let this discourage you and don't hesitate to sign it if you haven't already (as long as you're a resident of NJ of legal age) and still encourage others who are supporters to sign it.In the meantime, right now the most important thing to do is to let your representatives know that you would...
Thanks. Last time we tried this, back in 2009, we did the letter-writing campaign and had a bill introduced in Senate by Senator Marcia Karrow and co-sponsored by Senator Christopher "Kip" Bateman. It eventually died in committee. Also, Senator Karrow lost her spot in the election to Senator Doherty, who is not in favor of the bill.So now we're trying again and this time I sent the mailing to them right from the start which includes a 20 page PowerPoint presentation...
www.petitiononline.com/NJHBL/petition.htmlThis was printed out last month and included in the mailing I sent out on Jan. 31st. There were 1,115 signatures printed on 25 pages along with the petition page. Though we asked for e-mail addresses and Counties (since it was for NJ residents only) to be listed, not everyone wanted to add this information. Also, the company that hosts this free online petition site no longer wants anything to do with it. Artifice, Inc. is no...
A-ha, I knew I posted it somewhere. Here's the letter I received from Asm Biondi back in 2009. I had posted it here on CC back then and I just found it again:Dear Ms. DeStefano, I have had my staff research your proposal to amend NJAC 8:24 to include legalizing residential kitchens. This so-called "cottage industry" is not done by Statute but is regulated by Administrative Code Title 8 of the Department of Health; which has the force of the law. The issue has come before...
Thanks for the information and advice, cownsj.As far as contacting the media, I'm holding off on that for a little longer until I get more responses and see who's 'on board' this time around. Last time we had supporters, or some legislators that seemed receptive, in the following people:Senator Christopher Bateman (District 16)Senator Bob Smith (District 17)Senator Rober Gordon (District 3Senator Nia Gill, Esq. (District 34)Asm Dave Russo (District 40)Asm John DiMaio...