Posts by cakecre8tor

A girl at work asked me today to do her wedding cake for Saturday - apprently the gal she booked is not returning her phone calls! Anyhow her colors are Blue and brown. The wedding is not large so I just plan on a 3 tiered white fondant covored cake with fondant bands around the bottom of the blue and brown. She has no topper planned however - anyone have a quick topper idea? I am thinking I could probably do a monogram but since I have to deliver the cake on friday (I...
I use both my Pro 600 and Artisian for MMF and it you add the powdered sugar a bit at a time it is not a problem. I make sure that after I add the marshmellows that I mix it very well. Then start adding the rest of the PS slowly and mix very well after each addition. It will start to slow down but then you know it is time to change over to your dough hook!! I noticed if I tried to mix in too much PS at a time the bowl would unsnap from the back and well - not good,...
How bout Cookies and Cream - it is from the WBH book. It is my fav!
If she was a good friend I totally would! But only you would know how she would react. You at least have to cover your costs. I am sure that if you said it in a nice way it would be fine. I am suprised her hubby has not said something! Mine sure would! I am the worst when it comes to charging, but am getting better. Some folks balk at the price but I am not going to charge less!! Especially when I am up at 2am finishing sometimes!!! Then I am glad I charged what I...
I am assuming you are talking about your castle cake? I think a lot of pricing depends on where you live. I would probably charge $50 -$60 in my area - but others would say that is way to low. A good way to gage it is to call around to bakeries where you live and see what they charge. I charge more than bakeries here because mine is homemade, fresh, and custom made...but some folks here still have heartache over my prices....oh well let them go to walmart then! oh...
I have made several and used a 50/50 mix also for the spout and handle. It is pretty much just like working with straight fondant - but you are going to get it to dry much faster. I attached them with royal icing and toothpicks. Good Luck!
I have never done it but I would imagine that your fondant would have to be thicker so your BC did not show thru. you dont need to put your BC on thick at all if you don't want too - just enough so your fondant sticks. I like to put my BC on thick - like I was icing a regular cake, then smooth it. I think it makes the fondant look much smoother. Sorry I am not much of help to you....someone can answer your question though - I am sure
Was it sticky before or after you cooled it? Mine sometimes gets sticky when it warms up. Did you roll it out B/W parchment paper and then chill it? If not then try it. If it is sticky after chilling it sounds like it might need some more flour.
Miss Robin is right - use and sharp xacto knife and a straight edge.
I dont have a Edible image printer but am in the market too. It does get expensive buying them at the bakery. I think the best thing you could do is a search of post on printers. You will find a lot of information in the forums. I know folks buy printers from www.kopykake.com that will give you a good place to start! Good luck on the cake!HTH!